Entry troubles

I have a friend who last week was denied entty into the Kingdom at Swampy. He had 3 back to back one month stamps and was told he either has to spend a certain amount of time out of the country or apply for a visa. So he had to spend the night in detention at the airport at the cost of 750 baht for the privilege of being locked up with a few Africans and Indians, then fly back to Cambodia the following day, where he'd flown in from. He actually was off to the Philippines for several months the following week had he managed to enter the country. Anyway 2 days later he tried his luck at the border. He desperately needed to get to Bangkok to retreive his belongings but again, same result. He's booked a flight to the Philippines from Cambodia for a couple of days from now and I have the job of going to his apartment and packing his belongings once I receive the key that he has couriered. Then somehow have to send onto him. Anyway my own non-o visa is up for renewal in a fortnight. I usually go to Savannakhet but was considering Ho Chi Minh this time around as apparently Sav is jam-packed now with all the visa runners from Vientiane who don't want to do the appointment thing there. Just wondering if anyone here knows of anyone who has been denied entry even with a non-o visa based on marriage to a Thai. It seems they're tightening the screws on long-stayers and not really sure if that includes everyone regardless of visa. I have 4 consecutive back to back one year multiple entry visas and am wondering if I might too be denied entry. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Anyway 2 days later he tried his luck at the border. He desperately needed to get to Bangkok to retreive his belongings but again, same result.

Which border crossing?

You shouldn't have a problem with a non-o multiple, all reports from people who had problems are about visa exempts / tourists visas

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Think Poi Pet.

The IOs there are known to arbitrarily deny people (same as BKK, DMK or HKT airports), he should have looked this up before he went there.

He should be allowed to enter at any other land border crossing.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Anyway 2 days later he tried his luck at the border. He desperately needed to get to Bangkok to retreive his belongings but again, same result.

Noteworthy if this is new...bounced on land after air.

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

If immigration tells you that you need a visa next time, just do it. No need to monitor the forums for that part.

A tourist visa is no guarantee that you can enter, as you will know if you do monitor the forums. At some entry points, the tourist visa gives you a much better chance, but it can be irrelevant.

• Like 2