auto insurance

I have been shopping for auto insurance . I have received 3 quotes ranging from 12,000 to 14,000. Yesterday I received a quote from ROOJAS insurance of 6,000. Thats half of what the other companies quoted. Has anyone had any experience with Roojas ???? what are the minimum liability, medical and comprehensive insurance i should be looking for ???? Thank You

You only find out how good an insurance company is when you need to make a claim....fortunately as yet I have never needed....I took a motor policy out with Roojai earlier this year after visiting their offices in Laem Chabang and talking with an english speaking sales person...very impressed.....but as I said earlier I will only find out for sure if and when I have to make a claim :wai:

what type of car are you talking about, I contacted Roojai for my mazda cx5 and their quote was 3,000 baht less than bangkok insurance.... as petermik says, only know how good they are when needed, hopeful never need to assess their service

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

what type of car are you talking about, I contacted Roojai for my mazda cx5 and their quote was 3,000 baht less than bangkok insurance.... as petermik says, only know how good they are when needed, hopeful never need to assess their service

Most important part of the insurance is the 'get out of jail' part, so you can get out of Dodge.

7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Most important part of the insurance is the 'get out of jail' part, so you can get out of Dodge.

No Dodge here only Toyota and others.............:cheesy:

sorry :wai:

The premiums for full insurance are based on the valuation of the car by the insurer. The quote range for insurance given by the OP indicates a price range of 400K to 500K baht.

I have an old Vios which is only worth about 100K baht. Instead of insuring for 7000 baht, I insured third party for 2300 baht. That means I am only covered for the damage to other cars, in the event of an accident.

A 50% quote sounds too good to be true, which it usually is. In the OP's shoes, I'd be reading the policy fine print very carefully.

It would be nice if Thais learned how to drive safely. They don't seem to understand insurance premiums are correlated with the frequency of accidents on Thai roads.

I own a 2016 Toyota yaris. The declared vslue from Roojas is 342000 which i think is about right. What i am most concerned about is liability for other cars & people should i ever get in an accident. Also concerned about medical insurance for people in my car. 

What kind of limits should i be looking for for liabiliry & medical????

22 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

I own a 2016 Toyota yaris. The declared vslue from Roojas is 342000 which i think is about right. What i am most concerned about is liability for other cars & people should i ever get in an accident. Also concerned about medical insurance for people in my car. 

What kind of limits should i be looking for for liabiliry & medical????

Policies vary. From memory, cover for damage to someone else's car was 2 million baht. Medical cover was 100,000 baht. Perhaps that demonstrates Thai priorities, or the insurer's willingness to cover risk.

Archived