TRANSFERWISE SUPER EXPRESS

SPECIAL today transferwise money i used my master card to transfer  2300 euros to my thai bank kasikorn at  9.53 am  at  11.h14 email from  transferwise my money is on the way to  thailand.. i check kasikorn 13h42 money in account.....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

FTT?

d ont understand FTT   i paid with my credit card on transferwise site then they say  will take 8 hours but 10 minutes later money was already on the way to thailand .

3 minutes ago, thaiboss said:

d ont understand FTT   i paid with my credit card on transferwise site then they say  will take 8 hours but 10 minutes later money was already on the way to thailand .

Foreign Telegraphic Transfer. But that's only necessary if you need the deposit to show it came from abroad for Immigration.

The money Transferwise 'sends' is already in their accounts here in Thailand, so should not take that long.

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

Foreign Telegraphic Transfer. But that's only necessary if you need the deposit to show it came from abroad for Immigration.

The money Transferwise 'sends' is already in their accounts here in Thailand, so should not take that long.

thank you  now i  understand  transferwise use a thai bank here its not every time a swift transfer so looks like they can do a sort of  local atm transfer

1 minute ago, thaiboss said:

thank you  now i  understand  transferwise use a thai bank here its not every time a swift transfer so looks like they can do a sort of  local atm transfer

They use one of three banks here, Bkk Kasikorn or SBC, and so it CAN show as a local interbank transfer if it does not go directly to your particular bank, which knackers you up if you are doing transfers of 65k for your extension.

You can specify SWIFT on the T'wise site. That will cost you more, but will definitely be an FTT.

Have had the opposite experience recently with TW. Previously ( the last year or so) my transfers (Stg from UK) had invariably arrived next day, with some, if actioned by 7am, arriving same day. All by 2pm into my BBL account.

The last two, last week and yesterday (being advised that will be in my BBL account tomorrow), have taken two days to be credited. This had been indicated during the payment process but I had. wrongly, assumed this was TW just being cautionary.

With the recent rate increase (albeit minimal), issues with FTT notifications of transfers to BBL and now the unusual, for me, delays, the initial shine of the TW product is starting to fade. Yes, still the best option for me when the exchange rates are factored in, but recent experience is not so good.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2019 at 8:11 AM, thaiboss said:

. . . . i paid with my credit card on transferwise site  . . . .

Could you tell us what CC you use, and does your cc company treat this as a cash advance?

I understand some do and some don't and it might be good to know which is which.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:26 AM, treetops said:

Could you tell us what CC you use, and does your cc company treat this as a cash advance?

I understand some do and some don't and it might be good to know which is which.

good question  i use french credit card gold master from my french account  transferwise question what is reason to transfer  i click payment  for goods materials then using master gold transferwise has limit per day 2500 euros looks like not use as cash advance because cash advance allow only 1500 euros per week.

yesterday i transfer from account balance transferwise 3000 euros it took 20 Hours thai time 14H00 order then next day had message kasikorn 13H45 money in bank.

I HAVE A CREDIT CARD VISA PREMIER FRENCH  that one works only as cash advice once a week 1600 euros and they ask code first . by the way master card gold do not ask code.ONYL MY EXPERIENCE with french gold credit card master.

want to add a info   I find out opening a foreign currency account euro with krungsri bank  then transferwise euro into that account transferwise charge only 3 euros then krungsri use medium currency exchange ( do not know extacly vocabulary for it) thats may be the cheapest way to transfer  euro or $ to thai baht

2 minutes ago, Someone65 said:

Has anyone had experience transfering large sums such as $10,000 usd? Is it problimatic if its such a large amount?

I haven't done it but I understand that for US citizens there is additional paperwork that must be completed (if sending any amount over 10,000) to satisfy IRS requirements.