Arab taken in by police after early morning bike smash in Pattaya leaves two students in hospital

webfact

7 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

I think maybe most of you missed the most important point!

He was allowed to go back to his hotel after a "financial security" was left at the police station?

There is a very young girl with "serious" head injuries involved, he admitted his fault, and he gets to wine and dine in his posh room watching tv or going out clubbing the same night????

What the <deleted> is that????

Was his passport impounded?  Or was the money enough for the BIB?

thai tradition, money and "nothing else matters" . damn sounds good could be song lyrics

5 hours ago, PattayaGuy2019 said:

1000 baht fine or one month in prison. I would take the month in jail. Pathetic. It needs to be 10,000 baht at least plus jail as well but 3 months not one month. The police need to come down heavy on these idiots and deport them. I hope they all got charged with murder for killing the Russian girl and this guy needs to go to jail for 6 months as an example and a deterrent.

"1000 baht fine or one month in prison. I would take the month in jail".

You're not asked "which one would you prefer, sir?"

"I hope they all got charged with murder for killing the Russian girl..."

They won't have been charged with murder because they didn't murder anyone and motoring offences causing death have been rejected by prosecutors for obvious reasons, i.e. murder wasn't committed!

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Students out at 1am on a week night in their uniforms....

There are reasons why Thai’s educational system is ranked at the bottom among Asian countries....

Perhaps he was just giving the girl a ride home after spending all night studying?  Perhaps they were just going to buy something to eat.  You seem to be suggesting that they had been on the razz all night and why shouldn't they wear their uniforms?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

i'm not an arab, but " foreign driver taken in by the police..." would be a "better" title

Why would that be "better" (whatever the inverted commas are meant to suggest), he is an Arab.

Edited by Just Weird

2 hours ago, 300sd said:

Of course the student driving had a license, was not drunk, and was following safety rules, and proper driving conditions......just wondering. 

That doesn't sound like "just wondering", it sounds like an unjustified accusation.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

In the sandpit, about the only thing they get to do without in some way breaking sharia law is riding in cars with boys.

There used to be some insane video on YT of them racing through highway traffic in Saudi. Could be long gone with all the netnanny BS now.

One guy took a video from inside a car and surprisingly, the guy was an insanely skilled race driver, doing suicidal moves in live traffic.

Another personal fave was the car full of hoons that rolled at high speed, into a panicked impromptu audience, two pax in traditional robes were thrown out the side windows like ragdolls, and a third guys arm chopped clean off. 

Hectic! }:‑)

Yes the Arabs are riding their big bikes every night in that area.
And they do not have the experience.

Should be stopped completely , no bike for you , go home Arab! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That doesn't sound like "just wondering", it sounds like an unjustified accusation.

Really I was not trying to do that but perhaps laying all the blame on the alien may be unjustified......just wondering.

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I was wondering about that. Never saw any motorbikes in Saudi or Kuwait when I was there, they preferred AC cars. Some in the Emirates. Seems the likelihood of them having a motorbike licence would be low. 

well many ppl  have motorcycles there and mostly riding it in winter because in summer its hot , and like what you say ppl use ac cars ... also  its not a problem if none see bikers in arabs country coz we have lot of problem with stupid car drives  

anway

1-first from the look of that <deleted> face its look like he is young college student who dont have a license 

2-second the other person who need to be blame to is the <deleted> who rent bikes for ppl without licenses 

3-3rd and maybe the last the police here wanted  things to go like that because they only want to make money from tickets and accidents. 

3 hours ago, Don J said:

2-second the other person who need to be blame to is the <deleted> who rent bikes for ppl without licenses 

I have reservations wrt making the rentees responsible, particularly if one is trying to absolve the renters. They have never even worried about checking for an international licence and now people expect them to check categories in a foreign language.   

It belies the image I have of tootling around the beach access roads casually like I used to in the 80's here. 

Edited by jacko45k

I used to stay in an hotel behind the computer place, and those Arab riders scared the <deleted> out of me as I was walking along the back streets to Walking St. They drove at an insane speed and very dangerously too.

The cops should do some proactive law enforcement, as they'd make a fortune fining speeding Arabs.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I used to stay in an hotel behind the computer place,

You get the same from Western and Thai riders as you try and walk around Soi Buakhao area. Staying away from the areas you mention is no loss. 

On 7/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, BestB said:

Always enjoy politically correct local media ????

an arab, farang, black.

i wonder how they would refer to US born Arab ? ????

'Zactly.  "arab" is a race made up of many nationalities - like "negro", "caucasian". "Asian"