Woman's 1000cc BMW ends up hanging in a tree - she's seriously injured in hospital

webfact

Woman's 1000cc BMW ends up hanging in a tree - she's seriously injured in hospital

10pm.jpg

Picture: Channel 3 News

Channel 3 News said that there was a serious accident last night in which a female rider called "Kaojai" (a nickname) lost control of her BMW S1000 RR at the Ang Sila bend in Muang district of Chonburi.

According to a male friend on another bike the 34 year old victim failed to negotiate the bend on the return leg of a trip to Bang Saen. 

She hit a barrier and was thrown clear before the bike ended up hanging from a tree. 

10pm1.jpg

Rescue services gave her CPR at the scene before she was taken to Burapha University Hospital. 

No further report on her condition was reported. 

Channel 3 described the Ang Sila bend as very sharp. 

The media said that a BMW S1000RR would be worth almost one million baht. 

Source: Channel 3

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-11

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like its been hung up to dry in that 2nd pic' .. 

Seriously bikes like this and the Kawasaki involved in a crash the other day in C M belong on the racetrack .. To use them on the road requires great experience and restraint of the throttle .. Factor in night time and possible road conditions and you can get yourself in trouble very quickly on one .. 

24 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Looks like another big bike in the wrong hands , they are out there folks.

Damn right. A lot of them are out of their forks. Not the first and not the last airborne motorcycle I've seen in the Land of Shins.

Get well, soon, Kaujai. A real nice one, "the victim failed to negotiate the bend on the return leg of a trip to Bang Saen. "

You can't make such things up, can you? 

20 minutes ago, expatfromwyoming said:

Impressive skills!!!!!!

Done it myself.

But with a rigid framed Triumph sidecar outfit back in the mid 80's.

Had to walk to a phone box, call work about 4 miles down the road, to send a couple of guys to help me get it down out of the tree.

Straighten it a up a bit, and carry on riding to work.

1 minute ago, Isaanbiker said:

Damn right. A lot of them are out of their forks. Not the first and not the last airborne motorcycle I've seen in the Land of Shins.

Get well, soon, Kaujai. A real nice one, "the victim failed to negotiate the bend on the return leg of a trip to Bang Saen. "

You can't make such things up, can you? 

You just have to remember that trees eventually mature,  Thais never do.

We shall not wish anybody dead, so of course we must hope she recovers. One thing, though.

A 1000 cc BMW motorcycle in the hand of a probably very small Thai woman. That just sounds like a natural combination for a total disaster.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

We shall not wish anybody dead, so of course we must hope she recovers. One thing, though.

A 1000 cc BMW motorcycle in the hand of a probably very small Thai woman. That just sounds like a natural combination for a total disaster.

Something with a lot of power, well sometimes in the hands of a very small Thai women is well, quite nice ????

34 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

we know majority of Thais don't know how to (fast) ride ...all for the show and here is the result

Last  country  on  earth Id ever  attempt  to  drive  fast  on  a bike is here,  combination of dogs,  cows, chickens, people,  holes, gross  stupidity, gravel, once  even some transmission casing on  the  road and the fact you can drive down a  great road then all of a  sudden with no warning 25 metres is back to dirt then back to good  road, then there's the elevation changes where they cant seem to join two road sections together LEVEL, often a  massive hump/dip.

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It would be interesting to know the respective kg weights of the woman and the bike. My guess is the bike is a fairly big multiple.

What relevance does that have to do with what transpired?

I hope she recovers well. As none of us know what happened, and are only speculating, maybe comment on she skillset should be tempered. Even one long time rider and member of this forum has already stated they have had an accident with a similar outcome for the bike. Who here is willing to bag the TV member for their lack of skills or maturity?

And Guzzi, I am not having a go at you here. Just pointing out that experience can help, but is not the be all and end all.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

we know majority of Thais don't know how to (fast) ride ...all for the show and here is the result

Or park a bike...

But seriously, she must be in a bad way, seen too many riders after coming a cropper, the fact that CPR was needed does not indicate well, wish her a full recovery but I doubt all the wishes in the world will make much difference.

It's obvious that most people who comment here never came close to a BMW 1000 RR

or even riding one [or any other "big bike" for that matter].

Nobody knows what actually happened - or what skill level the lady has.

Why the weight or size of a rider would matter is just as much nonsense as most of the other comments.

Let people ride their bikes !

Most riders are completely harmless and responsible and no danger to anybody.

Archived