Thailand Food Obsessives

Scutty

Not to mention to obsessive going to the market just about every day as if fridges had not been invented then stinking the house out with cooking. Followed of course by the obligatory taking photo of the food to stick on line and fb, guess it's a foreign thing.

• Haha 1

They used to eat 5 times a day but Phibunsonghram changed it to 3 in the 1930's.  Thailand always had lots of food no one starved as in most parts of Asia.  Food and sex were always readily available in Thailand unlike many countries.  

Edited by marcusarelus

16 hours ago, brokenbone said:

boring life

Kinda true....it's the only time I see them "enthused" about anything (the ladies in particular).

P.S. and taking selfies.

Edited by dotpoom
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Thais enjoy their culture, food, and family...no need for an explanation concerning food consumption.

My GF eats as much as I do...then finishes off her kid's plate...and then eats the foods that remain uneaten on the table...

She maintains her 45 kilo figure...without putting on any extra weight...go figure!

how old is she ?

One of the methods of telling time in Thailand involves the clock starting over every six hours, rather than every twelve or twenty-four hours. Maybe they want to cram three meals into each six-hour time slot.? Sounds good to me!

Edited by ColeBOzbourne

My wife is obsessively eating all the time since we got married . Her 2 sisters are the same . Big fat greedy cows never satiated . She put on about 10 kilos in 2 years since i married her . As soon as they get hitched they dont give a shit and just slob out .

• Confused 1

My wife weighs about 43kg now. When I met here she said she weighed 39 ten years ago but I think it was more like 40.5. At 43 years old she's now getting a little belly. Eats as much as I do.

My parents are amazed at what she can put away.

Aside from too much fried food like all Thai. Perhaps not enough vegetables. Her diet is healthy, stays clear of carbs other than rice. Sugars.

Thais pick like birds. Eating multiple times a day is far healthier. I think rural Thai you'll find more sit down proper meals. Urban Thai just pick.

Edited by Number 6

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps  because of rich food culture of Thailand and the diversity of the country’s regional dishes. Thais Are Renowned Snackers.Popular snacks consist of spring rolls, chicken or beef satay, raw vegetables with a spicy dip, soups, salads, and sweets. The formal presentation of food is another important aspect of Thai culture. You can konw more about thai in the article: https://docsbay.net/thai-food-and-culture