Thanathorn admits Thais cannot rely on foreigners to fight for democracy

webfact

26 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Really? When did that happen? I must have missed that. And here's me labouring under the misconception that Prayut and his cronies are still in control of the country.

Smoke and mirrors. I would hope you are being facetious, but if not I would gather you didn't watch the news close enough for how strategically they unfolded let out their little plan to wash everything via media.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:

Thailand, you cooked your goose, now eat it! It's got nothing to do with foreigners!

Exactly, let them enjoy their unsafe, polluted, undemocratic, rampant corruption, Perverted Buddhist, military ruled, 3rd World Utopia.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Weren't you one of the posters celebrating the military coup and subsequent military rule?

Let's get this right.

I saw the need to put a stop to yinglucks lack of management and her gangs lack of ethics (go ahead at the instructions of the CM shins to make fake country to country rice deals and more) get the boy back through unscrupulous 3 am votes, and the deliberate break down of the checks and balances.

I didn't strongly support suthep but I did see a need to somehow throw the shins and their scaly leaches out, Other poster have a million times labelled me as a  'junta hugger' and more, a bit of research will show that I was criticizing the junta from the start.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lucius verus said:

Its not our fault. Why would farangs want to help ungrateful Thais anymore? All they want from us is money and free homes for their poor families.

Soi dogs are higher up the pecking order than farangs.

What do farangs legally own?

You want democracy then get rid of all the thousands of useless army generals and bring back Thaksin. He's greedy but millions  love him. Good for the economy.

You're on your own Thais!

You dug your own hole so lie in it.

So you believe Thailand is just poor families in esan who get some support from a farang.

Time to get out and about and see that Thailand is a much bigger much more comprehensive picture, all different to the above.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So what do you think his (Khun Thanathorn's) democracy is?

Actions speak louder than words. We will only know the answer to that if and when he comes to power.

A bit like Taksin, although I do think Taksin is the best leader Thailand has had, that's a very low bar.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"....Now he's back in Thailand doing the necessary 'farangs are bad routine' to win back political points to prove he is a "real" Thai. ...."

When / where did he say 'farangs are bad....'?

Thais, as a rule, don't communicate directly. 

Their communication must be 'read between the lines'.

I regard his 'foreigners will not help' statements not for their face value but as saying,

" there is no need for us to rely on foreigner powers, and I am not relying on foreign powers, and we all know foreign powers should not meddle in Thai affairs " 

I think we know how the elite are rabid anti foreigner in this regard, so I interpret his statements thusly. 

Thais are not westerners. They don't mean what they say. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Actions speak louder than words. We will only know the answer to that if and when he comes to power.

A bit like Taksin, although I do think Taksin is the best leader Thailand has had, that's a very low bar.

?

14 minutes ago, petemoss said:

So how about answering my question:

So what do you think his (Khun Thanathorn's) democracy is?

40 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"....Now he's back in Thailand doing the necessary 'farangs are bad routine' to win back political points to prove he is a "real" Thai. ...."

When / where did he say 'farangs are bad....'?

Yes I like to know that as well why does he talk to me? he knows I am a farang

and I am on his friends list

• Like 1