Roojai , so far so bad

FlorC

Well a search on thaivisa only gets 1 post about their app.

At the risk of getting censorred because it is one of their advertisers , here goes :

Get your free quote online with Roojai !!

So I did ... and what do you know , at the same (or maybe lower) price of car insurance with AXA , Roojai offers more coverage ... great !

But then it starts , I want email confirmation of the quote , but their website's NEXT button doesn't work with a @yahoo.co.uk email address
So I mailed them ... no answer.
Then I discovered that the NEXT button does work with a @yahoo.com address ... huh ?
I get the quote sent to me , but I want more information : The price is low , is it without tax ? How do I pay ? The website wants my phone number : "A valid number is required for OTP verifications when we process your payments." Huh ? Why and what's OTP ? I don't have a phone , I don't use it , I don't need it and Dtac cut me off because they stopped 2G. Do they send the policy papers or do I have to print them ?
So I emailed them . The reply for my clear questions is :
"As we need actually contact you by phone to provide and confirm your information.
So do you have any phone numbers whoever now with you.
Moreover, proceed to payment by bank need do by agents also." 
... eh , what ?

Why ? They are an online agent of KPI insurance . I was with AXA , all online with emails no phone needed . Send the money by bank with my policy number as reference , no problem.
Why a difficult phonecall in a language that is not ours. I can email all my information , it is more efficient and no room for error for all the numbers like chassis/motor/plate/passport number and my correct address. Why a phone call ?

I ask them if the price is the same when I go to a KPI office ? (but I don't really want to because that is a 250 km ride). I repeat some of my questions in another email .....no answers to my questions :
"Thank you and Could you give me about your mobile phone because we want to check your information and contact you."
WTH ? Check what information ? What information can they check with a phone call . That I am real ?
Their English in an email isn't great , what is that going to be when I need them after an accident , or even on the phone ( well someone else's phone).

Yes they seem cheaper or better coverage for the same money , but they do not inspire confidence.

And they advertise on an expat forum .

• Like 1

We recently acquired car insurance via roojai. I did it by phone. Fast and easy. They answer the phone nearly immediately speak good English. But you do need a phone. With a smartphone they will do a video call and make pictures of current state of the car and proof for dashboard cam so you get another 10% or so off. No phone in 2019, I'm kind of surprised. Not sure how you are going to contact them if you have an accident. 

Btw otp is One Time Password. It verifies the phone number you put in is yours.

Edited by elcaro
Otp
  • Like 1

Thanks for your reply , elcaro.

It's only 3rd party coverage , no need to inspect the car.

And no dash cam.

At an accident scene , you just ask someone else to call the insurance . It's just giving your loation.

Why do you need an onetime password ?

I'm not opening an online bank account .

• Like 1

Well , I finally had another email , but no answers to my questions.
If this is their attidude just for asking basic questions , obviously I can't trust them to have my back and defend me when I have an accident . Cheaper than others , I don't know how they can do it , and probably great if you live around Chonburi (their only office seems to be in SiRacha) , but not for me .

• Haha 1

Well since i started this post i have gotten 5 different quotes from Roojai .

I spoke with them several times and kept getting the run around. 1st they showed comprehensive on my 2016 Toyora Yaris at 342000 which i thought was in the ball park. Their last quote climbed to comprehensive of 404000. I asked them how the comp price could jump so much as my car is not 404000. Their reply was it was in their computer program. Personally i like to sleep better at nite so i went back with original company. Roojai does not instill a lot of confidence in me

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

1st they showed comprehensive on my 2016 Toyora Yaris at 342000 which i thought was in the ball park. Their last quote climbed to comprehensive of 404000. I asked them how the comp price could jump so much as my car is not 404000.

Surely those figures are the insured value rather than the price of the insurance?

They probably just selected the wrong year for the quote, or were using a different insurance company which applied a different value. I had exactly the same experience when getting quotes from other brokers several years ago.

In fact to get cover of 404,000B instead of 342,000B is to your advantage, not to your disadvantage.

• 7 months later...