Sky High Monthly Electric Charges

ehs818

I bought 14 pieces solar panels  4,2 kw on grid system (no batteries) and this reduce my electric bills 50 %. I also isolate my roofs and now I bay about 60-70 Euro ,everything.

And big house. 7 air condition but only two in one time are working.

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Our consumption from February to July. Nothing unusual.

The further rise from June to July is due to the fact that temporarily some family members moved in and using yet another AC.

And this rate hike from April to May was about 1% per unit.

Hard to notice and not an explanation for unexpected bill rises.

Screenshot_20190719-110042_PEA Smart Plus.jpg

Same here we avg around 300 units a month, the only dip was in March (210 units) as we were traveling and the highest usage was from April - May.(350 units). This month we used 296 Units. Price wise avg around 4,02 THB per unit.

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

My circumstances for usage are exactly the same as always but my last 2 bills are up by around 30%

i live at pattaya, by myself, in my own condo--i own my own power meter and have account direct with PEA.

my bill HAS NOT  increased --its is consistantly about 440thb / month...

i dont use oven much, dont need aircond, due to having high level cnr unit= good breeze.

occasionally use fan...

i would rather spend my money on fun with ladies , than wasting on extravagant power consumption...

5 minutes ago, murraynz said:

would rather spend my money on fun with ladies , than wasting on extravagant power consumption...

????????????????

it really depends on how you define wastage!

18 hours ago, ehs818 said:

My water pump does not constantly cycle, so that is not it. I'm in a group of townhouses and I've looked at my wires and meter and see no tampering. The monthly bill shows a history of previous months and my usage normally averages about 400 units. this month it was almost 600. I'm going to have to have a conversation with PEA and try to figure this out. Thanks all!

good luck with that !

To talk about "price increases" is rather -----. 

colinneil certainly had the right idea - look at the power consumption numbers from month to month.  Assuming you are buying your power directly from your PEA, there are no significant price increases for ages.   If you buy from your landlord, that could be a totally different story - some landlords/management companies keep "adjusting" the bill multiplier to make more money.

April and May this year were power-pig months and our consumption spiked a lot.  But still 

It's too bad the PEAs no longer print up the actual cost of the electricity per kwh like they used-to.  Would help people understand they bills better without needing to use a calculator.  Our is 3.725B/kwh.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

<snip>

It's too bad the PEAs no longer print up the actual cost of the electricity per kwh like they used-to.  Would help people understand they bills better without needing to use a calculator.  Our is 3.725B/kwh.

Here is a thread, about the same issue as the OP, which has an Excel sheet attached to it, maybe you can use this to automatically calculate it for you ?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1021328-elect-charges-go-up-and-up/page/2/

Edited by MJCM

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Just had my bill today I have a swimming pool on from 9 till 5  fish pond pump on 9 till 5 65” tv on 5 till 11 American double door fridge 24/7 Air con units x2 1800 btu that heat up water on 5 till 11 plus Mr Ken Fans 50+ low voltage lights inside and out internet , imac , iPads , front load wash machine + dryer my bill 2.521. 41 baht  that’s for 539 units everything is low voltage and inverter that’s the way to go if you want to save electric the outlay is costly but very cost effective plus there is less wear and tear on the equipment 

4CB909EB-6AE1-4875-B750-B848EF29F45C.jpeg

What temperature do you set the A/C to ? I'm going to guess that you set it to something like 27 or 28 degrees C to have such low usage, either that or you're using it in very small  rooms.

Strange my electric bills have stayed much the same for over ten years with the exception of June this year :whistling:

here is the last few years by month:

Elec.jpg

• Like 2