Anyone Know A Good Pet Store?

MartinBKK

Hi

Im looking for a good pet store with a large selection of scratching posts for my cat. I know of a couple of stores but i haven't been able to find what im looking for.

If someone knows of a good one i'd be grateful if they could let me know.

Thanks.

I know how you feel Bendix as i am suffering the same problem.

I have read quite a few articles that say de-clawing is cruel (my cat is blind and will never go outside) so i would like to find an alternative solution.

I will PM Bambina the vet. Thanks everyone.

we´re sharing the problem as well - but our cat doesn´t use the furniture, she uses the mosquito protections on the windows *arghl*

we bought ours at chatuchak song, but it´s never used ;o/

btw - have any of you had kittens with your cat? we are thinking of letting ours go pregnant when she is old enough, but of course won´t keep 6-8 cacts ;o) are there enough _good_ homes for kittens in bkk?

Thai pet shops owners unfortunately don't know much and care even less about animal health. They are in the business for profit and don't care how they achieve it. Many of their cats and dogs have not been vaccinated properly or at all. The result of mixing up all these unvaccinated animals together is that there is a high chance of disease. Markets like Chatuchak are the worst. I have heard about a scam there where they get you to take the animal along to a "vet" there for a health check and needless to say no animal ever fails, even those on their last legs. We learned this the hard way when we brought home a cute puppy my wife fell in love with in a market stall. Within a week she was seriously ill with the deadly parvo virus which can be readily prevented with proper vaccination. Luckily after 10 days in intensive care at the animal hospital she suddenly stood up and pulled through after the vet had already said she would not last another day. She is now a healthy two year old but the vet's bill was several times more than we paid for her. A year later my wife bought another dog from a pet shop that looked hi-so enough to her. This pup also soon sickened and needed a stint in the animal hospital. She tested positive for distemper and had to kept in longer for observation as a result whacking the bill up to over B20,000. Luckily she also survived and the diagnosis was properly in fact faulty. I am not saying absolutely don't buy from pet shops. We love these two dogs and don't regret buying them. Just understand that your new pet may be carrying a deadly virus and be prepared to provide the necessary medical care and go through the trauma of a pet in intensive care. If you already know what breed you want, try to find a reputable breeder and go direct to their premises. They are more likely to vaccinate their animals properly and less likely to let them be in contact with unvaccinated animals.