I'm DONE with these VISA policies!!! CEBU here I come!!

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Never met anyone who did yet report staying overnight away from their town

Wait until you take a vacation in another country and try to do your ninety day report without the TM30.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

There should not be inconsistency.

But this is Thailand and the reality is that every office, every official, interprets the law and rules as they see fit at that particular moment. It's not a matter of right or wrong, that's the way it is and I seriously doubt that it's going to change anytime soon. That's the way they do things. You just gotta go with the flow...like life. ???? I've yet to see a post that makes me think anywhere else is any better overall, all things considered.

Sort of like the traffic 'rules' here in Samui. They're treated as mere suggestions, not ever enforced unless you happen to hit someone/something.

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

You have missed the point. There should not be inconsistency. There should not be - my office is better than yours. There should not be different interpretations of Immigration laws. Posters should not come on to threads like this to gloat about "their office" neglecting rules that others vigorously apply.

Do you also advocate (real) police stations in different provinces prosecuting the law differently according to their whim?

Old Croc makes a strong argument based on logic, principle, and clear understanding of the issues.  Many advocate "their office" like that have a super penis and 1 Trillion baht cash.  Mine is better/bigger than yours!  Regardless, the immigration system, wether intended to or not, is more effective at keeping many out or removing them.  The remainder endure frustration, and some gloat like peacocks.

6 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

You have missed the point. There should not be inconsistency. There should not be - my office is better than yours. There should not be different interpretations of Immigration laws. Posters should not come on to threads like this to gloat about "their office" neglecting rules that others vigorously apply.

Do you also advocate (real) police stations in different provinces prosecuting the law differently according to their whim?

We can alll find fault if we wish, the point was, deal with what is, not what "should be". Its easy to cmplain and moan, and yes in an ideal world there would be consistency etc, but in the real world we KNOW that isnt the case and we have to deal with what is, not what "should be".

1 minute ago, GalaxyMan said:

But this is Thailand 

If i had a dollar for every time I heard that statement!

I'm sick to the back teeth of it! just because this is thailand is no excuse for governmental incompetence! It's about time Thailand came into the 21st century.

3 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

I'm sick to the back teeth of it! just because this is thailand is no excuse for governmental incompetence! It's about time Thailand came into the 21st century.

But that's reality! You seem to be in denial. That being said, I'm a firm believer in voting with my feet and wallet, which you seem to be doing. I really hope it gives you what you're looking for.

3 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

Just curious..

If you haven't mentioned it already, how much time have you already  spent in the PI?

The food I think  would be an eye opener for someone who  enjoys  good food.

Sugar on spaghetti?

23 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

Fair enough, this place ain´t for you then, move on and good luck..

People tend to forget why they came here, getting away from the nanny state and all that crap. I find the paperwork at Immigration very, very easy to do, but I´ve also seen other farang getting jai roon and arguing with the officers, because their paperwork was incomplete. I guess many farang come from a low class background and don´t know how to process admin stuff like that..

7 hours ago, userabcd said:

At CW it is almost 5 to 8 hrs if one has the correct paperwork. The interaction with the imm officer is only about 20 mins and the process is easy.

Usually have to return the next day again because the imm officer always finds something they don't like with the photos, so every extension needs 3 visits to CW.

That's closer to accurate for BKK CW Immigration, as opposed to the 15-30 minute guys who mostly are probably out in the sticks somewhere.

Even with everything perfect and nothing missing or in error at BKK CW, you can figure at least a full half day just to get a retirement extension and re-entry permit there, assuming you arrive first thing early in the morning.

And if you arrive later, you'll get caught by their lunch break, and probably end up spending until mid afternoon or later, depending on how crowded things are on that particular day of the week.

So in summary, a half day minimum and up to a full day at BKK CW, depending on the day of the week and how much the person needs to apply for.

9 minutes ago, wilailuk said:

I guess many farang come from a low class background and don´t know how to process admin stuff like that..

Seriously? Better put is perhaps had less formal education? I know people who did not finish high school who are filthy rich from their persistence and ingenuity that puts most 
Ivy league people to shame. I would rephrase that to be politically correct if I were you.

I never understand the antagonism some people here exhibit when someone announces they've had enough of Thailand and are planning to move somewhere else. That's their choice and they're free to make it, and it's no skin off anyone else's teeth if someone you don't even know decides to move.

I can see both sides of the coin.  On one hand, it's not that tough to mail in or online report things like TM30s and/or 90-day reports. On the other hand, I don't travel away from home much, and probably less now because of all the B.S. reporting requirements with the sudden, new enforcement of TM30s in BKK.

Frankly, even though TM30s aren't that hard to do, my sense is it's as much the psychological/emotional thing of now even more feeling like you're being treated by the government like a criminal on probation who has to be monitored and checked at all times that can get to making one feel unwelcome and unwanted.

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Seriously? Better put is perhaps had less formal education? I know people who did not finish high school who are filthy rich from their persistence and ingenuity that puts most 
Ivy league people to shame. I would rephrase that to be politically correct if I were you.

Up to you..

I like Thailand, because it´s free of all the stupid PC nonsense they have in the West, it´s gone totally crazy IMO..

4 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

That has nothing to do with political correctness, which is an infringement of free speech, that is just parading ignorance.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

has to be monitored and checked at all times that can get to making one feel unwelcome and unwanted.

honestly, for the past couple of years I have felt like a criminal on house arrest with an electronic tag around my ankle.. everything is being set up to monitor the foreigners every move like we are all some kind of suspects in a murder case. It is morally wrong but they probably wont take any action till their pockets are empty!

Just now, kellersphuket said:

honestly, for the past couple of years I have felt like a criminal on house arrest with an electronic tag around my ankle.. everything is being set up to monitor the foreigners every move like we are all some kind of suspects in a murder case. It is morally wrong but they probably wont take any action till their pockets are empty!

I can empathize with that feeling. I've dumped on my G/F about what it feels like to be treated as a criminal as the default. Now that she's seeing what I have to deal with, she understands but knows that there's nothing to be done about it. Thailand is all about adapting to the current here & now. It's sink or swim...or leave. But as 'bad' as it is here, I can't think of anywhere that would be better.

4 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

Just you.  I don't do 90 day reports and have never done a TM30 as I'm sure most ex pats have not.  I'd think you're reflecting a personal problem.  Have you ever been stopped for drunk driving or had an issue with not showing respect to Immigration officers?  Just asking......

3 minutes ago, wilailuk said:

Up to you..

I like Thailand, because it´s free of all the stupid PC nonsense they have in the West, it´s gone totally crazy IMO..

Been here way over 20+++ years so yes I like Thailand as well but am locked here with family which is the best thing I ever did. As for politically correct nonsense not here? It certainly is if you make the wrong statement. You will find yourself going to jail or being sued faster than you can say, ouch, my rear end hurts!

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I never understand the antagonism some people here exhibit when someone announces they've had enough of Thailand and are planning to move somewhere else. That's their choice and they're free to make it, and it's no skin off anyone else's teeth if someone you don't even know decides to move.

I can see both sides of the coin.  On one hand, it's not that tough to mail in or online report things like TM30s and/or 90-day reports. On the other hand, I don't travel away from home much, and probably less now because of all the B.S. reporting requirements with the sudden, new enforcement of TM30s in BKK.

Frankly, even though TM30s aren't that hard to do, my sense is it's as much the psychological/emotional thing of now even more feeling like you're being treated by the government like a criminal on probation who has to be monitored and checked at all times that can get to making one feel unwelcome and unwanted.

Great post!

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Been here way over 20+++ years so yes I like Thailand as well but am locked here with family which is the best thing I ever did. As for politically correct nonsense not here? It certainly is if you make the wrong statement. You will find yourself going to jail or being sued faster than you can say, ouch, my rear end hurts!

Assuming that they don't just stab you or hack you with a machete.

I personally feel a lot more freedom here how since my nearest Immigration Office did a 180 and told me that the dreaded TM30 is only needed after returning home from a trip out of the country (it used to be required after a simple one night stay in a hotel anywhere in Thailand AND anytime I returned home from a trip abroad).

I just hope it lasts!  ????

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Just you.  I don't do 90 day reports and have never done a TM30 as I'm sure most ex pats have not.  I'd think you're reflecting a personal problem.  Have you ever been stopped for drunk driving or had an issue with not showing respect to Immigration officers?  Just asking......

Weren't you publicly contemplating having to move back to the U.S. here, not too long back, in the wake of the announcement about the government planning to make health insurance a requirement for O-A visas and who knows what else in the future?

2 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I personally feel a lot more freedom here how since my nearest Immigration Office did a 180 and told me that the dreaded TM30 is only needed after returning home from a trip out of the country (it used to be required after a simple one night stay in a hotel anywhere in Thailand AND anytime I returned home from a trip abroad).

I just hope it lasts!  ????

I believe, the most recent posts on the subject out of BKK CW have had people reporting that they were told TM30s would be expected/required even for domestic travel in Thailand.

14 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I don't do 90 day reports and have never done a TM30 as I'm sure most ex pats have not.

How do you avoid the 90-day reports? That's a trick that I'd love to learn.

In the end, I commend kellrsphuket for making a jump and needing a breathe of fresh air from being stale. I understand all of his feelings, and also in the end if he does not like PI he can always just come back anytime or jump over to VN. I sometimes feel I need a break, but would miss my family and animals too much. But I am free to do what I want for the most part and a good full 2 week trip taking a look around over there might be some fun. Since I do have friends in PI, I just might go take a look and see what the true ins and outs are for the PI. I have heard nothing mostly of positive notes. Everywhere has good and bad to it, and I would ofcourse start at the bar scene there as it seems the right place to start at and then trip out from getting opinions from the locals..

20 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

pedophiles!

Ankle+Bracelet.jpg

Archived