Schegen Visa For Spain

Yes you are correct - a multiple Schengen visa does allow you to travel to other schengen countries.

Sorry - I thought I read somewhere that if you applied to one specific country then you can only go to that country. But it seems that this is not the case. You can only visit one country if it is a single entry visa.

I have a question. Is there a minmum processing time for a Schengen Visa? My gf has to go to the Spanish Embassy in Bangkok on Monday (9th), and we plan to travle 3 weeks later. Will they accept her application If there is only 3 weeks before she travels?

Thanks chaps for any help.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much is the income requirement before they stamp your visa,say,tourist visa? I am sure business records, land titles, and other real properties are a plus, but, what if you are just a worker,and your savings are only out of your salaries, any tip/ idea?

thank you

Edited by neuronicone

Big Jimmy, First of all, Congratulations! What type of Visa has they produced for the Mrs. Was it travel visa? Because normally, when you have to show all bank statements, and all proofs that you can afford for the travel, that usually goes to getting travel visa (tourist) if you qualify.

Just curious.

And hey, tenerife... beautiful place. Warm and people are friendly too. Aside from that enormous white sandy beaches.

Check Tenerife travel guide for convenience.

Hi, I assume its only multiple entry tourist visa, I wasn't there when she applied but thats what we were going for, its only valid fo 3 months. I didn't have to show bank statements etc, when the Mrs applied she had all of the UK vv application with her which included all of my bank statements etc but they didn't keep any of that, they wanted the travel insurance, letter of invite etc.

Jimmy

I can't say for sure what visa she applied for as I wasn't there but the visa she has is definetly a multiple entry as I asked her to show it to my neighbour and he said it says multiple on it.

When I spoke to the lady on the phone and explained the situation and what we had, she said that it should be staight forward enough also with what she said Mon needed etc.

Jimmy

all relevant info and download forms available at :

www.schengenvisa.cc/

cheers

onzestan

The only problem with the aforementioned site is they charge 40 Euros to download the thing - here:

SCHENGEN SA APPLICATION GUIDE

Item #SCHENGEN

VISA APPLICATION GUIDE

I'm looking for free help..€39.95 EUR

Once your inside a european union country (-UK I dont know with the channel tunnel) it gets a bit academic since there is no border controls from the tip of Gibraltar to the Polar circle in Norway, so in theori if you only have a visa to France, there is precius little to stop you from turing the rest of europe, I have driven my car from scandinavia to Spain and back 6 times without ever even seeing any form of control, I admit that this way would not be stricktly legal, but on the other hand a visa offence if you play stupid is not much more serius in europe than a speeding ticket and the risk of being cought is so remote as not worth mentioning.

It is not that I am telling anybody to break the law, but if it is a lot more easy to get a visa to only one single EU country ie. France for instance , than a full shengen visa and somebody really need to go to Germany, well!!!!! :o

A family member (Thai) was recently over here(UK).

She had obtained UK visitor no problem,Irish visa problems(2 months to process they said) therefore didnt bother but the schengan visa which was applied for at the German embassy BKK was granted no problems and with this visa she can travel and is going to France,Germany,Belguim and Switzerland.

After the UK can cofirm travelled 3/4 of above with no problems.

I just assuming a schengan Visa allows you to travel to anywhere within the schengan agreement before the expiry date.It appears that the visa was/is not specific to one country.

delboy

Yes - a Schenegn visa legally allows you to travel throughout most of Europe - I think we're established that now.

Oldfield just call the number I gave you and speak to that lady and she will tell you everything you need to know.

Good luck.

Jimmy

Quote Axel :

For the form found this link:

http://www.migrationsverket.se/blanketter/...a_119031_en.pdf

--------------------

Axel

end of Quote

Thanks for the help Axel, but we downloaded the application form and filled it in, but when the gf went today, they wouldn't accept it. They made her fill out a new one. I guess it was good practise for her anyway.

So after a lot of hassle and a lot of driving around Bangkok she finally found the Spanish Embassy today. She was quite early so she was lucky. She had to fill out the application and submit all the documents we provided(listed below). And pay the fee which is 3120 Baht. They didn't give her answer straight away, but need 7 working days to process the application. so she has to go back to the embassy in 10 days to pick up her passport (whether she gets the visa or not).

For anyone interested these are the documents etc. she submitted:

*Application form

*Passport

*Fee (3120 Baht - cash)

*6x2 inch photos

*Booked flight schedule/itinerary showing return flights.

*Travel Insurance for period (30,000 Euro cover)

*Actar Notarial (Official notarised invite from my parents in Spain) cost 100 Euros

*Letter of invitation from my parents

*Proof that my parents live in Spain - several Bills

*copy of Deeds from parents house in spain.

*Proof of funds from parents(bank statements from them, showing they can support her in Spain)

*Her bank statements showing she has enough money to cover her whilst in Spain (must be = 30 Euro's per each day applied for)

*A letter from her company stating who she is, her job and that they are allowing her time off.

* A sponsorship letter from me outlining everything, and saying that I will take care of her etc. plus from me..

*My bank statements

*my credit card details

*A letter from my director stating my job and allowing me leave from work.

*copies of my passport

*copies of my work permit showing that I live in Thailand and will return.

Needles to say 2 copies of everything were also supplied.

I also threw in some photos of us together for good measure. You never know..

Some of you think that I may have overdone it, but I want to make sure that she gets the visa. This is my only holiday for nearly two years and the last time for a few years I will get to spend time with my parents and my gf in Spain, so I have supplied as much as I can.

My motto is 'better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it'.

So if the above doesn't get her a visa then I don't know what will. Maybe I will have to marry her!!!

btw, the woman at the Embassy told her that they only accept 12 applications per day at the Spanish embassy, so it is important to go early.

Wish me/her luck and thanks to everyone including Jimmy and Scouse for your help. I will let you know how she got on.

Cheers

Oldfield

ps. How do you use the quotes on this site??

Edited by Oldfield

Just spoke to her - they weren't really interested in the letter and stuff from me so much as the notarised Invitation and proof of funds.

They do have a kind of checklist though, and they won't accept applications without the required documentation, so being as they accepted it, we figure that she has a fair chance that she will get it.

Thanks.

We're off to Tenerife and thats better than The Algarve!!

Ha ha, thats what I say anyway!!

Jimmy

NAH,dont agree......playa d americas a dive....the rat infested strip,bobbys bar hovel,linekers tat.....lovely black sand ....blackpool in the sun!!!if ya must do the canaries lanzarote much better,njoi

Quote Axel :

For the form found this link:

http://www.migrationsverket.se/blanketter/...a_119031_en.pdf

--------------------

Axel

end of Quote

Thanks for the help Axel, but we downloaded the application form and filled it in, but when the gf went today, they wouldn't accept it. They made her fill out a new one. I guess it was good practise for her anyway.

Cheers

Oldfield

ps. How do you use the quotes on this site??

Sorry about the form. So much for the united Europe, if they not even accept their own forms they publish on the internet.

Quotes: I used in this the 'reply'-function, i.e. your whole msg. will be in quotes, but deleted, what was not needed. Another way, highlight a text and 'wrap in quote-tags' (9th botton above, hover over it to find the correct one. Or just type quote and unquote at beginning and end of the message, put each in brackets '[ ]'

Firstly let me wish Mr and Mrs Oldfield lots of luck, sounds like you should be sorted guv!!

Meatgrowler, I have been to Playa d americas several times over the years and its an awesome place, we may pop there for a night out on this occasion but my parents condo is in Los Christianos. I have been only once to The Algarve and I must say I prefer Tenerife - each to their own squire, each to their own.

Lord Bigjimmy

Thanks Jimmy

My folks live on the Costa Blanca down on the South East coast of Spain.

My gf and I hope to spend 3 weeks (+/-) there with the folks. Being Thai, she won't be doing any sunbathing of course, so we won't be spending much time on the beach. Incidentally I showed her some photos of the local beaches and she was relieved to spot that there we large umbrellas for rent (Thai style).

I plan to take her to Benidorm for a few days to 'experience' the brits abroad phenomenon. Should be an eye-opener for her.

Being as it is soooo difficult to get any kind of visa to Europe/UK/America/Aus etc. for Thai people, this will be her first trip outside Thailand, and I would happily take her to The Algarve or Tenerife - both are beautiful and interesting and have their own merits.

I guess we are spoilt as we can move easily and freely (and relatively cheaply) around Europe (and most of the world for that matter).

8 days to go to v-day (visa day)....

Incidentally, if she gets a single entry, can we go up to France for a couple of days on the visa?. (I want to show off that I can speak French)

Incidentally, if she gets a single entry, can we go up to France for a couple of days on the visa?. (I want to show off that I can speak French)

With a single entry, once in Spain you can travel to any other Schengen country (of which France is one). With the amount of evidence you submitted the odds are you'll get a multiple entry anyway (which with your plans you don't really need).

Firstly let me wish Mr and Mrs Oldfield lots of luck, sounds like you should be sorted guv!!

Meatgrowler, I have been to Playa d americas several times over the years and its an awesome place, we may pop there for a night out on this occasion but my parents condo is in Los Christianos. I have been only once to The Algarve and I must say I prefer Tenerife - each to their own squire, each to their own.

Lord Bigjimmy

Mmmmmm playas d americas awesome?not avin it,ok i suppose if you are a budding gangster wanting to get involved wth drug dealing etc,whats awesome about it?the english breakfasts and tacky hotel shows. I suppose thats why you like pattaya and i love samui,same difference.......different class squire.....i did nip to los christianos once,old bidsville! bit too benidorm for me.....get yaself over to ibiza,north of the island quiet and beautiful,san antonio for me,top beaches nearby.....kind regards

Lord Bigjimmy

Mmmmmm playas d americas awesome?not avin it,ok i suppose if you are a budding gangster wanting to get involved wth drug dealing etc,whats awesome about it?the english breakfasts and tacky hotel shows. I suppose thats why you like pattaya and i love samui,same difference.......different class squire.....i did nip to los christianos once,old bidsville! bit too benidorm for me.....get yaself over to ibiza,north of the island quiet and beautiful,san antonio for me,top beaches nearby.....kind regards

Quiet raver here me thinks-sounds of the green mango ringing bells lol.

Having been to all,its fair to say anywhere anywhere out of the UK(except Blackpool)is a bonus to the concerned hahahaha :o

Lord Bigjimmy

Quiet raver here me thinks-sounds of the green mango ringing bells lol.

Having been to all,its fair to say anywhere anywhere out of the UK(except Blackpool)is a bonus to the concerned hahahaha :o

Green mango?nah....too lame......lakeview maybe!......im on the south coast of engand at the mo...suns out,shorts and flop flip time,lovely ,work til 1...tennis this afternoon,.mackerel beach fishin tonight mmmmm.....best part of england for sure.....back to samui paradise again in july...hard life for me....see ya

Green mango?nah....too lame......lakeview maybe!......im on the south coast of engand at the mo...suns out,shorts and flop flip time,lovely ,work til 1...tennis this afternoon,.mackerel beach fishin tonight mmmmm.....best part of england for sure.....back to samui paradise again in july...hard life for me....see ya

Sure is lovely here in the SE of england,sea like a mill pond et,sun is bright and the sky is blue

haha delboy

Ha ha - you both live in the UK!!!

Jimmy

No ha ha"s wee jimmy,ive got the best of both worlds, houses in south u,k and samui...sounds like youve gone balls out thailand,hope for your sake youve kept property in the u.k...and not just tenerblackpool....{all be it .mummy and daddys}...where i live house"s are rising more than london prices,thats cos the cockneys are buying our seaside homes and the olympics are comin to my town {sailing, water sports }2012..im in the money....sing along......unlucky squire!.....kind regards :o

Oh dear, sounds as though Meatgrowler is growling, lets not make this somesort of competition about finances, I don't like bad losers and i'm not sure where this Blackpool nonsense comes from, me and Topdjdel are from Kent - which is very South UK.

Edited by BIGJIMMY

QUOTE(Oldfield @ 2007-04-09 12:41:17)

For anyone interested these are the documents etc. she submitted.

With that lot she wont just get a visa she'll get a red carpet when she arrives....Good Luck

Despite all these documents, she has to go for an interview at the Spanish Embassy.