btw, Pai = Chiang Mai forum :thumbsup:

So....

Because of the smoke

Chiang Mai is out

Chiang Rai is out

Is Chang Saen also out?

Pai is out

Mae Sai is out.

Bangkok is out because it's, well, Bangkok.

the south is out because of the insurgency

Looks like Thailand is on hold till the rainy season.

That should come about April.

sarpesius

Yes

btw, Pai = Chiang Mai forum :o

So....

Because of the smoke

Chiang Mai is out

Chiang Rai is out

Is Chang Saen also out?

Pai is out

Mae Sai is out.

sarpesius

Here in Chiang Rai it is still smoky but has cleared a bit in the last two days. I don't imagine it sticking all the way till the rainy season. I can't say for sure but from the density of smoke in Chiang Rai city, the direction of wind and such I would imagine that Chiang Saen is equally smoky.

If someone is looking for great spots though, there is much to see in the Essan. It's a great region of the country. The insurgency, if it deserves affecting one's travel plans at all, only really concerns the four southernmost provinces, the rest are still great spots to visit. I'd personally say Thailand still has much to offer currently. In fact, though not enjoying the smoke, Chiang Rai is still pleasant. I had a great motorbike trip up into the hills to visit some friends at a hill tribe village yesterday. The scenery is still beautiful.

Edited by CSS

Yes

btw, Pai = Chiang Mai forum :D

So....

Because of the smoke

Chiang Mai is out

Chiang Rai is out

Is Chang Saen also out?

Pai is out

Mae Sai is out.

sarpesius

Here in Chiang Rai it is still smoky but has cleared a bit in the last two days. I don't imagine it sticking all the way till the rainy season. I can't say for sure but from the density of smoke in Chiang Rai city, the direction of wind and such I would imagine that Chiang Saen is equally smoky.

If someone is looking for great spots though, there is much to see in the Essan. It's a great region of the country. The insurgency, if it deserves affecting one's travel plans at all, only really concerns the four southernmost provinces, the rest are still great spots to visit. I'd personally say Thailand still has much to offer currently. In fact, though not enjoying the smoke, Chiang Rai is still pleasant. I had a great motorbike trip up into the hills to visit some friends at a hill tribe village yesterday. The scenery is still beautiful.

i was up there till tuesday and it wasnt that bad in the city i think the tv finds the worst place and says its like it all over thailand really is painting a picture of doom and gloom when its not that bad any where thailands what you make it and i like it just fine :o:D:D

i was up there till tuesday and it wasnt that bad in the city i think the tv finds the worst place and says its like it all over thailand really is painting a picture of doom and gloom when its not that bad any where thailands what you make it and i like it just fine

Do you mean Pai?

The original question of this thread was whether Pai was smoky.

sarpesius

i was up there till tuesday and it wasnt that bad in the city i think the tv finds the worst place and says its like it all over thailand really is painting a picture of doom and gloom when its not that bad any where thailands what you make it and i like it just fine

Do you mean Pai?

The original question of this thread was whether Pai was smoky.

sarpesius

does smoke know borders?

i was up there till tuesday and it wasnt that bad in the city i think the tv finds the worst place and says its like it all over thailand really is painting a picture of doom and gloom when its not that bad

I agree.

Downtown Chiang Mai has been fairly comfortable all along!