Foreign exchange

Bangkok Bank publishes a daily online foreign exchange rate chart. Does anybody know what the difference between "bank notes buying rates" and "sight bill buying rates?" Also, in Pattaya there is a foreign exchange company "TT" with a yellow sign (they're all over the place) that always has a better exchange rate than a bank (or other foreign exchange booths as well) when buying baht. If you know of one better, could you please let us know.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:08 AM, bronzedude said:

(they're all over the place) that always has a better exchange rate than a bank (or other foreign exchange booths as well) when buying baht. If you know of one better, could you please let us know.

Not everywhere, not Pattaya, but look up Super Rich.

I use a site called 'daytodaydatadotnet'

It gives the exchange rate for most currencies at every Thai bank. It also includes the likes of Super Rich and Vasu Exchange.

It's a useful site - if you use it please donate a few baht to the author.

41 minutes ago, bronzedude said:

I'm in Pattaya.  How do I look them up?

There is this new idea called the internet. Super Rich is mostly in Bangkok. 

If you are fixed to the ground in Pattaya the best cash rate will be the black on yellow TT exchanges. (Beware TG copycats)

On 7/22/2019 at 9:08 AM, bronzedude said:

Also, in Pattaya there is a foreign exchange company "TT" with a yellow sign (they're all over the place) that always has a better exchange rate than a bank (or other foreign exchange booths as well) when buying baht. If you know of one better, could you please let us know.

From my observations in Pattaya:

If there is any they will not be better for more than 5 Satang/0.05 Baht (for the Euro).

That's about 0.15%. So before you walk/drive think whether it's worth based on the amount you want to change.

19 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

From my observations in Pattaya:

If there is any they will not be better for more than 5 Satang/0.05 Baht (for the Euro).

That's about 0.15%. So before you walk/drive think whether it's worth based on the amount you want to change.

I think Yenjit can sometimes be a tiny amount better. They have a place on Walking St, plus a small one on Soi Diana near the entrance to LK Metro... but not sure if the latter one is still there. 

"Bank notes buying rate" means the exchange rate they give you for cash....those pieces of foreign paper money in your wallet.

"Sight bill buying rate" means the exchange rate they give you for cheque-type money like travelers cheques.

Archived