Stuff to bring from UK for a 3 month stay that is worth the hassle and cheaper

7 hours ago, simon43 said:

same same ? although a brit I know said our vegemite was so much better that if they sold it in the uk then the love it or hate campaign would change to love it LOVE IT

12 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Razor blades Mach 3

Gillette Foam

Furniture polish

Dental Floss and picks

Colgate Total Toothpaste

Nespresso Machine

Nespresso compatible capsules x 200

Oral B Brushes

Magimix juicer

Marmite - decanted into plastic

Peanut butter

Cheap pound shop reading glasses

Paramol / paracetamol/codeine - the woman of the family love this for their period pains and yes I know it is technically a prohibited item as is day nurse.

Day/Night Nurse

Literally everything on this list is available in Thailand in one form or another. Im extremely picky about most things but if that was my list I would buy it all here. Some stuff may be a little cheaper at your home, but the hassle and weight limits on flights.... 

Id focus on things you cant get here very easily. 

Off the top of my head things that ive had to import to save money are brand name watches, professional quality kitchen knives and cookware, solid state external and internal drives, gaming consoles, high end TV Soundbar, brand name clothes and accessories. Things like that. 

Cheese.

Cheese.

Cheese.

Cheese.

Cheese.

2x people = 2 suitcases = a minimum of 6 kgs.

Each.

A pleasant assortment.

teabags

teabags

teabags

Whole 650 grm Salami's or Pepperoni's from Aldi or Lidl @ 3.99 each.

Don't thank me now, i expect a cheese commission once you have arrived....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Why bring paracetamol and Colgate toothpaste as every 7/11 up to the major stores sell them ?

Paramol - contains paracetamol and dihydrocodeine and is the strongest otc painkiller you can buy in the UK. Fixes headaches and period pains fast. Can't buy it in Thailand. 

https://www.superdrug.com/Paramol/Paramol-Pain-Relief-Tablets-32s/p/560144

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Cheese.

Cheese.

Cheese.

Cheese.

Cheese.

2x people = 2 suitcases = a minimum of 6 kgs.

Each.

A pleasant assortment.

teabags

teabags

teabags

Whole 650 grm Salami's or Pepperoni's from Aldi or Lidl @ 3.99 each.

Don't thank me now, i expect a cheese commission once you have arrived....

You're right cheese - put it in your carry on you can probably get 10kg in one small rucsac. 

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

From that list, the following are easily available here.

Shaving foam. Furniture polish. Dental floss & picks. Colgate t paste. Cheap reading glasses. Paracetomol. 

Mach 3 blades, 3 for 3 months. Hope you will leave the Nespresso machine and the Juicer here for your next trip. 43 Bht for a kilo of peanuts, have you got a food processor.

Most important things are T-Bags, HP sauce. Deodorant, try the Gillette gel one £2 in Superdrug £11 here!

foamy is something like 70baht for some minute can where a gillette foam can is a quid 37 baht for a biggie. By the way my barber said don't use shaving gel - it blocks the blades and makes them blunt much quicker than foam. And don't tap them on the sink as it screws up the alignment of the blades. Furniture polish in jomtiem was something like 7 quid a can where it would be a quid here. Colgate Total is about half the price in the UK when you compare like for like and size. Gosh you make your blades last - I change mine about every 2 weeks. Cheap reading glasses seem to be mostly 100 baht in most places I have seen them - 38 baht in the UK with our denuded pound. 

Yes both machines will be left behind, Lazarda had the Nespresso Pixie for 14k baht where you can get it for 60 quid in the UK. My wife does a lot of cooking so the juicer is a must for our breakfast boost. 

1 hour ago, Thainesss said:

Literally everything on this list is available in Thailand in one form or another. Im extremely picky about most things but if that was my list I would buy it all here. Some stuff may be a little cheaper at your home, but the hassle and weight limits on flights.... 

Id focus on things you cant get here very easily. 

Off the top of my head things that ive had to import to save money are brand name watches, professional quality kitchen knives and cookware, solid state external and internal drives, gaming consoles, high end TV Soundbar, brand name clothes and accessories. Things like that. 

We've left a lot of clothes and shoes behind. And have a 60kg limit on EVA and they will let you go 2kg over without hassle. Carry on put some of the heavy stuff in there and you can easily get another 15kg. 

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

You're right cheese - put it in your carry on you can probably get 10kg in one small rucsac. 

Be caeful. Many airlines now weigh yor carry on.....7kg max

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

a woman who doesn't jump up and run to the hong nahm the second after you climax,,,

It helps prevent any actual bonding from occurring ....good for both of you ....she knows what she is really there for.  

• Like 2

Quality meat pies,  There are more chancer pie makers than prossies in Essan .

Oh dont forget HP sauce ...

Edited by elliss

21 minutes ago, amykat said:

It helps prevent any actual bonding from occurring ....good for both of you ....she knows what she is really there for.  

i suppose thats true, although i enjoy the after sensation without the bonding in these cases,  or am i kidding myself.   help me out here..

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Bring your girlfriend.

That will save a bit.

Done  that on my first visit to thailand , some 15 years ago. 

History now , so is she . 555

5 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

i suppose thats true, although i enjoy the after sensation without the bonding in these cases,  or am i kidding myself.   help me out here..

Well there should be some actual bonding going on, if you see the same person over time, at that period, due to hormones.  If you are seeing different people all the time, I guess that isn’t a danger.  I suggest you just tell your partner that this is what you like and stop that annoying habit ...just like you probably don’t agree to only sniff kisses?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1