Pai, in Pictures

camble

Some good shots but if you don't mind my saying so they would be much improved if you stopped the P30 Pro advertising its Leica heritage!  It's about the best phone camera around and your interior pics of North Gate Jazz Co-Op in the Chiang Mai post show how well it copes with low light - I used to take pictures there with a camera camera and they were always far noisier than I hoped.  Still, that was ten years ago and sensor technology has really improved since then.

Nic thanks!

I was there last week.

Pai is a gem I think.

Slow, not packed, no malls, highways, you can drive around the town in 5 minutes.

Good food and very reasonable accommodations.

It is great for 2 or 3 days for nature activities.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thanks for the pics.

Pretty place. Only ever eaten at a restaurant near the place with the straw berry.

Drove around and the too many bagpackers put me off staying there. Went to MHS instead- pretty too and more to do.

????

There is no perfect place. I think Pai is pretty special and the backpackers do not seem to make any problems.

So, some backpackers or a crowded town full of Chinese, Arabs, and Indians??

1 hour ago, Greenside said:

Some good shots but if you don't mind my saying so they would be much improved if you stopped the P30 Pro advertising its Leica heritage!  It's about the best phone camera around and your interior pics of North Gate Jazz Co-Op in the Chiang Mai post show how well it copes with low light - I used to take pictures there with a camera camera and they were always far noisier than I hoped.  Still, that was ten years ago and sensor technology has really improved since then.

Thanks for your comment.  I find that if I leave the watermark on I don’t get lazy in framing the shot.????

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:10 PM, bkk6060 said:

????

There is no perfect place. I think Pai is pretty special and the backpackers do not seem to make any problems.

So, some backpackers or a crowded town full of Chinese, Arabs, and Indians??

Didn't see any crowds of Chinese, Arabs, and Indians at MHS or Cave Lodge, nor crowds of bagpackers.

@camble, thank you very much for all your nice photos.

The photos – below – have been shot in the Tam Lot Cave.

image.png.a7bee9f0af8ad11fd37bc9dbff0189c5.png

image.thumb.png.37f3c33b8800e8dcc7c6493267a65a86.png

How to go there?

Take the N1095 from Pai in direction to Mae Hong Son. ----> 44 km over a ~1.300m mountain, then you arrive at Soppong. There you leave the N1095 in direction to the Tam (=cave), ~9-10km.

Great place.

Nice photos.

Shame about the clientele.

Nothing wrong with old hippies, it's the new hipster tourist scene that bugs me.

From Vang Vieng via Pai to KPN the scene is all the same. Annoying pretend hippies for the 3 weeks they are on holiday.

And the worst bit is the looks from the females at me in my loud Hawaiian shirt and sleeve tats with my dark skinned local wife. And i live here!

Hypocrites.

1 hour ago, puck2 said:

@camble, thank you very much for all your nice photos.

The photos – below – have been shot in the Tam Lot Cave.

image.png.a7bee9f0af8ad11fd37bc9dbff0189c5.png

image.thumb.png.37f3c33b8800e8dcc7c6493267a65a86.png

How to go there?

Take the N1095 from Pai in direction to Mae Hong Son. ----> 44 km over a ~1.300m mountain, then you arrive at Soppong. There you leave the N1095 in direction to the Tam (=cave), ~9-10km.

Thanks.  See my related post on Mae Hong Son

Archived