TrueOnline launches 1 GBPs fibre packages for household internet users

snoop1130

TrueOnline launches 1 GBPs fibre packages for household internet users

By Jirapan Boonnoon 
The Nation

800_9d15b64ca0b5df4.png

Tanapoom

TrueOnline has introduced two 1 GBPs fibre internet packages for home users at Bt899 and Bt 999 per month, with the latter coming with a complementary TrueID TV box, a platform for viewing the English Premier League and other digital contents, said Tanapoom Pakvisal, director of True Corporation.

The 1 GBPs internet capacity can support multiple connections and devices on a simultaneous basis. It can facilitate the download of a 2-hour-long HD movie in only 36 seconds, a 4K movie of the same length in 4 minutes, 150 images files in 3 seconds, 25 files of 120 MB songs in 1 second and a 1.5 GB online game in 12 second.

The service will eventually cover all regions in the countries after the initial launch in Bangkok, Chiangmai Mai, Phuket and Khon Kaen provinces.

He said existing TrueOnline customers could also upgrade their internet packages to 1 GBPs from July 23 to December 31, 2019.

The firm would spend Bt60 million in promotional and marketing activities to drive demand.

“The new internet package comes with a special router, bundled with advance technology and innovative solutions ,” Tanapoom said. 

The firm currently has 3.5 million household subscribers of its existing internet packages, he said, adding that he expected around 30 per cent of new customers will subscribe to the 1 GBPs packages. TrueOnline sees a 11 per cent growth in revenue this year from more than Bt12 million last year.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30373494

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-23

Ah. That will be the same True who say "sorry, we cant install fibre in condo buildings above the third floor". Presumably they are unaware that condo buildings have elevators and stairs, and that you never need anything taller than a small stepladder to work on any floor.

16 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Ah. That will be the same True who say "sorry, we cant install fibre in condo buildings above the third floor". Presumably they are unaware that condo buildings have elevators and stairs, and that you never need anything taller than a small stepladder to work on any floor.

That must be some rule in the building which doesn't allow changing the cables.

On my condo only True, AIS and CAT are allowed, and all of them use the cable that belongs to the building.

AIS only gives me 50 Mbps while True can give me 100 Mbps (its actually 140).

I live in the 28th floor.

Cannot complaint for 700 bhat.

1 minute ago, RedCardinal said:

This can only be good news for Thai Internet users. Very good pricing, and it's almost certain that other ISPs will respond in kind. Patiently waiting for AIS now.

For Thais that use domestic websites maybe. I have 500/500Mbit/s 3BB and it's about 25MBit/s to the outside. So if you like boooinnggbooooinng lakorns with screaming ladyboys, yeah, that's the ticket.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

For Thais that use domestic websites maybe. I have 500/500Mbit/s 3BB and it's about 25MBit/s to the outside. So if you like boooinnggbooooinng lakorns with screaming ladyboys, yeah, that's the ticket.

So, less savvy users may not be able to get the full potential of their connections, but I'm quite happy getting around 40MBps (not Mbps) from my combined 300Mb + 100Mb AIS and True connections. That's about 320 Mbps to servers in Europe and US. Depends on the application for sure, but for my uses I'm very happy to have those speeds. I've no idea about you comments re: "if you like", and TBH very little interest either ????

1 hour ago, peixotorms said:

On my condo only True, AIS and CAT are allowed, and all of them use the cable that belongs to the building.

That would indeed apply in buildings that have fibre pre-installed. But any building more than about 5 years old is very unlikely to have any existing fibre installation.

Of course if the fibre is pre-existing then there would be even less reason for them to refuse to work on it above the 3rd floor.

19 hours ago, RedCardinal said:

And indeed, it looks like AIS are in the process of updating their 1Gbps page as I type:

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/power4xtreme/

(Before had 2 or 3 packages there, now looks like page is kinda broken)

AIS is the best fibre ISP I've had. Probably due to Thaksin having sold it to Singaporeans, who have better routing deals outside TH. Too bad they don't cover where I live now. If they were, I'd opt for that one.

AIS only gives me 50 Mbps while True can give me 100 Mbps (its actually 140).
I live in the 28th floor.
Cannot complaint for 700 bhat.

Yes it’s right that AIS can only offer 50 Mbps in condos. True customer service are unreliable. They told me only 100 Mbps and I almost signed up for that package. As I was pondering the next day, I was talking to the condo reception and they said they were sure it was 200Mbs so I called the mobile phone number on the True flyer in reception and the engineer on the other end confirmed 200. A little confused I called back customer service who said definitely 100. I said here’s the phone number of the True guy who told me definitely 200. She puts me on hold and then returns saying 200 is indeed correct. I signed up for their 899 package of 200/50 and get them in. Speed test confirms these numbers.

Archived