Does this earth/ grounding wire look correct?

davidst01

We had small elec shock when touching the metal tap below the shower. We asked the electrician if we had the earth/ grounding wires installed on the same level in our building where the shower problem was experienced. He checked the safety box and said that it wasnt there. Photos before and after are below. Has he done it correctly?  Is there supposed to be another green wire leading from that breaker for the shower to the elect box?

IMG_5758.thumb.jpg.cb34b3bc7b95d7706bee790a9895de89.jpgIMG_5757.thumb.jpg.958c4e44ab6d57b822a2abd4866df56a.jpg

thanks

13 hours ago, davidst01 said:

If so yes 

Yes, that's what I meant.

OK then.

Your first image showing the green link between Earth and Neutral would be a MEN (Multiple Earthed Neutral) as required by the Thai regulations (although wired in a slightly different manner to that prescribed). This is generally considered the safest way to wire when there is no RCD/RCBO in circuit although there are potential issues.

EDIT It occured to me that your sparks ADDED the green wire hence ignore this next.

Removing that link has made your installation significantly LESS safe as you appear to have no RCD or RCBO (do you have a separate Safe-T-Cut device?).

Hopefully one of the remaining green wires goes to your rod. If you're not sure then I would install another rod, wired to the earth bar in a minimum of 6mm2 cable but preferably 10mm2.

But I would add a front end RCBO (Safe-T-Cut - the N-E link would go in the Safe-T-Cut box then) or at least individual RCBOs for critical circuits, water heater, outlets that may power tools used outside, outlets in wet rooms (kitchen, bathroom etc.).

Also, I see all your breakers are 32A on what looks like 2.5mm2 cable (the cable is marked but the image is not clear enough to verify). This cable should have a maximum breaker of 20A.

EDIT Is this panel feeding other panels (in apartments for example)?

EDIT 2 This PEA document may be useful for your sparks to look at. Groundwire Mk2 book-Manual.pdf

EDIT 3 I notice that this panel does not have any form of main switch, is it being fed from another panel where the supply enters the building? If so can we have a photo of that panel please?

EDIT 4 One of the green wires should be going to your heater.