China warns of war in case of move toward Taiwan independence

snoop1130

Africa has always been part of China,

On 7/25/2019 at 10:18 PM, from the home of CC said:

In reality I don't see anyone doing anything if China decides to act. They would be willing to sacrifice substantially more to succeed than any country I know.

One bomb on Beijing would stop them in their greedy tracks

• Like 1

China are just Nazis that no-one dares say anything about as they are too scared due to economic factors ... however, far less fascist governments all over the world seem like boy scouts, compared to China, get way more vitriol. Shame that the the self-righteous brigade forget to harp on about this country and think the US and UK is the Devil, when the real scumbags are much closer to around here.  Xi makes Trump look like a boy scout.

Edited by Brigand
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Don't think China will go to war over Taiwan as they will lose so much more.  They would lose all their assets in Australia where they own the majority of pasture and agricultural land.  Taiwan wouldn't be worth losing what they have invested in Australia and other countries 

Edited by Thechook
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

"China and Russia are more aligned than at any point since the mid-1950s, and the relationship is likely to strengthen in the coming year," Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told a US Senate committee in January.

The old order is dying, get used to the new order..

Those two will never get along in long term. Two nations, both of which are aggressively trying to build an empire. It can only end one way.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Guitarzan said:

Yes an adult, I know it’s hard to believe, it’s been awhile.  

Trump just sold 100 jets to Taiwan, and is negotiating formal diplomatic relations between Taiwan and the US. The US has been strategizing and planning for a war over Taiwan for decades. 

China doesn’t give a <deleted> over Taiwan, they want control of the South China Sea. 

I can’t belive those afflicted with even the worse symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome would want to be dominated by the brutal Chinese Communist Party, but then again, stranger things have happened. 

Unless mistaken the arms to Taiwan deal included tanks and Stingers - no "jets". And, it didn't come through yet, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Traubert said:

China became a predominantly domestic market five years ago. Yeah, it would hurt but there was more than philanthropy driving their aim to pull 650m people out of poverty. Peasants don't spend.

No, it isn't. It's growing at 6.4%p.a. Like Thailand's tourist statistics, people don't differentiate between a  shrinkage and a slowdown in growth. Most countries in the world would love a growth rate similar to China's. Who blinked first in the trade war?

I did, 13 years ago. I love it. Then again, I don't get all my information from the western mainstream press and government think tanks.

Yeah, alright.

China's not bullying neighbors. No one should "interfere" in regional disputes (where China got the upper hand). China doesn't need international trade. Figures published and supplied by Chinese authorities are reliable. And the alleged "word on the street" is where the "real" information is.

Even if taking your figures (or indeed, your posts) seriously - there's also this: pulling hundreds of millions out of poverty comes with the caveat that henceforth, they'll want more. Giving them "more" relies on the very same belittled international trade.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

really rich coming from china who has been claiming everything it can, the south china sea simply ignoring all other countries claims, the way it has been ripping off smaller island countries by over lending and building useless highways, airports and buildings. Just would like to see someone tell them where to go, while they may think they are above the rest of the world they are definitely not

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Traubert said:

China became a predominantly domestic market five years ago. Yeah, it would hurt but there was more than philanthropy driving their aim to pull 650m people out of poverty. Peasants don't spend.

No, it isn't. It's growing at 6.4%p.a. Like Thailand's tourist statistics, people don't differentiate between a  shrinkage and a slowdown in growth. Most countries in the world would love a growth rate similar to China's. Who blinked first in the trade war?

I did, 13 years ago. I love it. Then again, I don't get all my information from the western mainstream press and government think tanks.

Most economists don't believe the chinese statistics about their economy. They're too smooth from quarter to quarter to be believable.

Also, since China sets targets for GDP growth, it encourages a lot of useless spending by local governments to meet that target.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Yeah, alright.

China's not bullying neighbors. No one should "interfere" in regional disputes (where China got the upper hand). China doesn't need international trade. Figures published and supplied by Chinese authorities are reliable. And the alleged "word on the street" is where the "real" information is.

Even if taking your figures (or indeed, your posts) seriously - there's also this: pulling hundreds of millions out of poverty comes with the caveat that henceforth, they'll want more. Giving them "more" relies on the very same belittled international trade.

Mate you don't even have to read my posts let alone take them seriously. It's totally your choice. There's an ignore button. Feel free.

You see these 'point and laugh' articles in the western press about ghost cities right? Haha, stupid Chinese. Built a city no-one lives in. You never see them going back five years later to find a thriving new metropolis entirely populated by people who were planting rice for 12 yuan a day three years before, who now work in hi-tech factories for 1400 yuan a month do you? That's not Chinese falsehood is it? That's mis-reporting.

Exports are down to 18.24% from 31.65% in ten years. They know which way the wind is blowing. By the way, these aren't my, or Chinese, figures. If they cant sell it abroad they build a market where they can sell at home.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/256591/share-of-chinas-exports-in-gross-domestic-product/

By the way the phrase is 'interfere in domestic affairs.' Like Hong Kong.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Most economists don't believe the chinese statistics about their economy. They're too smooth from quarter to quarter to be believable.

Also, since China sets targets for GDP growth, it encourages a lot of useless spending by local governments to meet that target.

Commies love their quotas. That's the reason you order vodka by grams in some former USSR countries. Vodka or tractors, same same by the kilo. 

Believing anything coming from China is foolish. Just keep eyes peeled and look at their actions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Hong Kong is certainly not an internal domestic affair for China. They need to adhere to the Sino-British Joint Declaration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-British_Joint_Declaration 

It's a Chinese city, in China, populated by Chinese people. Always was, always will be. That Britain bullied their way in there at gunpoint didn't change that, plus they treated the Chinese like trash while they were there.

Tell me exactly how they are not adhering to the Sino/British Declaration. Please don't use woolly press terms like 'erosion of rights.' What rights are being eroded?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Please name these other sources of information so that we can educate ourselves.

There's one above. The UN, the WTO, IMF, y'know, little sideshows like those. If you want a trusted Chinese organisation, Caixin. WWF, Red Cross, Greenpeace (although I'm not keen on them) Wateraid, MSF.

There's quite a lot of them. Sorry, you were probably expecting Global Times and Xinhua.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So what is the poverty level the 650 million people have been pulled up over?

Less than $333 a year.  2260CNY.

That's not China's figure. It comes from the Worldbank in Washington.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/poverty/overview

Edited by Traubert
Add link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

Mate you don't even have to read my posts let alone take them seriously. It's totally your choice. There's an ignore button. Feel free.

You see these 'point and laugh' articles in the western press about ghost cities right? Haha, stupid Chinese. Built a city no-one lives in. You never see them going back five years later to find a thriving new metropolis entirely populated by people who were planting rice for 12 yuan a day three years before, who now work in hi-tech factories for 1400 yuan a month do you? That's not Chinese falsehood is it? That's mis-reporting.

Exports are down to 18.24% from 31.65% in ten years. They know which way the wind is blowing. By the way, these aren't my, or Chinese, figures. If they cant sell it abroad they build a market where they can sell at home.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/256591/share-of-chinas-exports-in-gross-domestic-product/

By the way the phrase is 'interfere in domestic affairs.' Like Hong Kong.

I'll read, comment and ignore what I feel like, thanks. No need for your direction. But very PRC there - if you don't like what you read, don't comment about it, eh? And you could parrot whatever PRC slogans you like, posters may use their own words. Kinda funny claiming not to know what the party line is on a parallel topic, though.

No idea what you want with your new deflection bit about ghost cities, other than to deflect. Guess you have no issues with Chinese "stories" about the West. Trying to paint all Western sources as not having a clue on things China is nonsense.

Bottom line is your position seems to be that China's the best place ever, and can't do no wrong.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:30 AM, Traubert said:

So do Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam and Taiwan but that never gets mentioned. Those countries aren't forces to be reckoned with. Neither are they in each others faces about it. No-one else should get involved.

I think you need to re-read. Taiwan considers the Chinese mainland to be their territory. Not vice-versa. I.e. Taiwan thinks it should rule China. Taiwan (The Republic of China) thinks it owns China (The Peoples Republic of China).

If you need more help, don't be shy about asking.

By the way, Taiwan drew the nine dash line, not the PRC.

Dear oh Dear..the only reason that Taiwan thinks they are the true rulers of china is because the leaders ran away and formed the so called Government in Exile as many defeated tossers do. DeGaulle comes to mind.

Read up on Sun Yat Sen and Chiang Kai Shek. I may have the spelling wrong but that was what I learnt in Secondary school in Western Australia in 1970. You Europeans have zero understanding of our part of the world. Sure same colour skin...that's about it!!

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Up to you. You chose to cast aspersions on my postings. Very American. Offer a challenge and the jaw comes out. Aggression beats debate. At no point did I say don't comment. I said don't bother reading or ignore. Not directions, suggestions.

Can you point to a party slogan I've 'parroted?' I've never read the constitution or studied Marxism. I'm a business major.

The ghost cities story was because you said that bringing people out of poverty means they want more. I agree, no point in feeding them once and throwing them back. The story shows how, once they are relieved from poverty, they are given accommodation and a means to pay for it with their labour. It also demonstrates how China is developing it's domestic market to move away from an export economy, another topic you commented on.

I really wasn't trying to be obscure. I would have thought if you remembered your own post, you would see that I was answering in a factual, demonstrable manner. It seems you were already pugnacious by that time.

China has been better to me than the UK was in the 50 years that I lived there. That's the point of view I speak from.

You are wasting your time talking to him .The Chinese have advanced so much it is breathtaking. Landed a robot on the dark side of the moon with a relay station on the other other quadrant to send back information to earth.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1