Road accidents still account for most deaths in Thailand, report shows

snoop1130

And improving road safety did not even make the recent published two lists of priorities of things to have the (so-called) new democratic government address. What can be expected from a country that is afflicted with a serious case of "motorbike disease" which cannot be fixed.

Can anyone suggest a practical replacement of motorbikes that will satisfy Thai people an meet their travel requirements and be critically, much safer (and make as much noise as motorbikes)?

Edited by MaxYakov

that come to 55 people killed in road accident each day. and the police do not do anything but collect 200 baht to people driving without a license.

When I went to renew my Thai driver license last month most of the people in the class were just talking to each other or sleeping and the person in charge of the class just put on the video and left the room for the 45 minute video. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Chon Buri and Chanthaburi had the highest number of road fatalities at 65.53, 49.63

Proof that Pattaya police are more interested in writing tickets than active policing; they are minting more than 12,000 baht an hour at soi 9 and still can't afford proper A/C.  Meanwhile the death toll mounts; tourists are stung and hoteliers bemoan their empty rooms.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

A closer look will show police standing on one side of the parade and banner wavers in matching shirts on the other.  Some sort of special event, possibly free helmet giveaways as they all seem to be wearing similar headwear.

And most of them are using the strap, which is a pretty rare sight. Can only be some kind of spectacle.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

Can anybody tell me why their is no patrol enforcement, They only do stop checks.  When I see a Policeman on a motorcycle he his usually being passed by helmet less kids and they do nothing.

i saw this yesterday......2 coppers on a bike who had overtaking 5 or 6 other bikes ALL NOT WEARING helmets....they did nothing except dash into the seven eleven shop......!!! This was on beach road in Jomtien, so much for ENFORCING THE LAW!!!!

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, randy723 said:

that come to 55 people killed in road accident each day. and the police do not do anything but collect 200 baht to people driving without a license.

When I went to renew my Thai driver license last month most of the people in the class were just talking to each other or sleeping and the person in charge of the class just put on the video and left the room for the 45 minute video. 

when i went quite a few were asleep....and the vid was ALL in Thai, even the effin subtitles were in Thai.....I DO NOT NEED TO WATCH such crap, being an older driver for many years....

• Haha 1