Forget Walking Street - this is one of Pattaya's "Stumbling Streets"

webfact

9 hours ago, joskeshake said:

Sidewalks in Pattaya 55 hard to find.

Tell me  about it ,   Soi coconut , i keep falling over freelancers , not hard to find.

However that said , i do enjoy my early evening stroll ..

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tcp7 said:

Hong Kong and Singapore both being considered the "Hi-So" of Asia along with Tokyo.

Higher IQs, white skin, better education, better school system, BMWs are literally everywhere and English is spoken naturally as a 2nd if not 3rd language. Go figure.

White colonisation and cultural take over in HongKong and Singapore and higher income to spend and people who pay rates and taxes

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mikebell said:

by the police who stand around doing nothing but write tickets whilst Pattaya/Chonburi has one of the highest daily death rates in the country.  They're minting a minimum of 10,000 per hour at soi 9 every hour of the day as road users pay the ransom on their licences confiscated on trumped up/petty charges.

Not true. Where is your evidence? Which soi 9? By petty charges do you mean drunks full of tinnies? Drunks tripping over loose paving stones is not a story. Except for Pattaya haters and bashers.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I have fallen into so many holes in Pattaya I can't keep track.

Yep know where you coming from, makes it bloody hard to enjoy a beer whilst out walking the dog, dodging all those holes

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya - that the authorities like to bill as a family friendly resort - has some of the worst pavements in Thailand if frequent social media posts are to be believed.

That's only because most places don't have pavements. The Thais are not big on pedestrian rights to walk unimpeded.

Some of the pavements in Pattaya have been the same for 30 years.

Even where there are pavements, one can't walk on them eg Buakhao.

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Not true. Where is your evidence? Which soi 9? By petty charges do you mean drunks full of tinnies? Drunks tripping over loose paving stones is not a story. Except for Pattaya haters and bashers.

Which part of what I said is not true?  If you are a Pattaya fan you should know of the notorious soi 9 (Beach Rd Police station.)

I was there last week and watched a succession of hardened criminals pay the ransom on their licences; ranging from youngsters to a couple of bewildered Indian tourists and an old aged pensioner who has driven for nearly 50 years without blemish.

The petty charge I was convicted of (by a jumped-up little Hitler) was trickling half a metre over a faint white line at nearly 1kph.  Did he think he was saving lives by writing this ticket?

I watched as the deskbound cops coined a minimum of 20,000 baht in the hour I waited for my turn - they even worked during lunch hour!

Yesterday, here, on this very site was a story naming Chonburi as having the 2nd highest daily deaths in Thailand, which possibly means the world.

I don't hate Pattaya; I have lived here nearly 15 years.  I dream of what it would be like if it had a police force.

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Which part of what I said is not true?  If you are a Pattaya fan you should know of the notorious soi 9 (Beach Rd Police station.)

I was there last week and watched a succession of hardened criminals pay the ransom on their licences; ranging from youngsters to a couple of bewildered Indian tourists and an old aged pensioner who has driven for nearly 50 years without blemish.

The petty charge I was convicted of (by a jumped-up little Hitler) was trickling half a metre over a faint white line at nearly 1kph.  Did he think he was saving lives by writing this ticket?

I watched as the deskbound cops coined a minimum of 20,000 baht in the hour I waited for my turn - they even worked during lunch hour!

Yesterday, here, on this very site was a story naming Chonburi as having the 2nd highest daily deaths in Thailand, which possibly means the world.

I don't hate Pattaya; I have lived here nearly 15 years.  I dream of what it would be like if it had a police force.

If it had a proper police force it wouldn't exist as it does. All the bar beers would be closed, and Beach Rd would be deserted at night as everyone went to bed early to watch t v.

Pattaya only exists for one reason ( it was built on the backs of BGs ) and that is illegal.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, a977 said:

Yep know where you coming from, makes it bloody hard to enjoy a beer whilst out walking the dog, dodging all those holes

I fell into one Wednesday night . Took a 15 beer stumble, staggered to the right, an alert security guy had the door open and I was sat with a cold one and a hot one in 0.5 seconds flat. What is not to love about Pattaya!

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it had a proper police force it wouldn't exist as it does. All the bar beers would be closed, and Beach Rd would be deserted at night as everyone went to bed early to watch t v.

Pattaya only exists for one reason ( it was built on the backs of BGs ) and that is illegal.

Every business in Pattaya pays protection money to the police; factor that into your calculations.  It is not illegal to have a drink with a pretty girl.

I find it amazing, they were able to build temples to last centuries, make them very intricate and precise, but cannot excavate and build a road or footpath to last more than a few years without major defects.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

I find it amazing, they were able to build temples to last centuries, make them very intricate and precise, but cannot excavate and build a road or footpath to last more than a few years without major defects.

A combination of corruption and jobs for the boys. By the time x% of the budget has been pocketed by various officials along the chain there's only enough left for, not enough sub standard materials.  And if you don't build or fix it properly you then get endless employment down the line repairing it... 

On 7/25/2019 at 8:14 PM, IAMHERE said:

My observation is that not many Thai's walk anywhere. I've seen Thai's hop on the motorbike to go 50 meters down the street. Obstacles like these are very rarely encountered by your average Thai walking.

Completly agree! I've been walking a stretch of 400 m between the main road and condo and the motorcycle taxi guys were looking at me as I was completely crazy for doing it.

• Like 1

On July 25, 2019 at 2:49 AM, Emdog said:

To be fair, those sorts of obstacles are all over Pattaya and Jomtien

To be fair, those sorts of obstacles are all over pattay and jomtien, and everywhere else in Thailand!

On July 25, 2019 at 6:33 AM, BestB said:

I had about 70 cm hole in front of my hotel for 7 years. I kept filing with gravel but it kept getting deeper and deeper . Quite a few fell in knee deep.

after 7 years, someone from city hall fell in after eating at near by place early morning . The same day , hole was fixed but again took 7 years and someone of authority to fall into it for something to happen 

it is what it is, there is just too much to fix but that means spending money and this is something city hall does not like to do.

new developments brings in money, fixing broken costs money . 

Fixing broken streets and proper infrastructure bring in money.

hard to be a family destination when a family can't walk around without fear of breaking an ankle.

just another nail in the coffin for Thailand, 

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

For crying out loud, what's all the fuss about ? At least the power to the cables had been disconnected, or at least I think it had.......................... :whistling:

Well, I would keep my hands well clear of any loose cables in this country as one can't be sure. People drop dead stepping into puddles and touching lamp posts here. 

Edited by jacko45k