TransferWise? - Certainy Sir no Problem.

8 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

So, TransferWise customers can stop fretting, but make sure you can produce 'proof of income' from your home country.

A fair bit of oversimplification, considering that Sakon Nakhon is but one Immigration office among many, and there already have been reports that the documents approach you used hasn't been accepted at other offices.

PS - did you have a letter from the Thai bank that your TFW transfers went into confirming their amounts and dates as foreign transfers?

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

And in Phitsanulok I have been assured by the IO.

But if memory serves, you haven't actually gone back and done your actual application as yet.

Lets hope the advice they gave you in advance turns out to be the same guidance/rules they apply on the day you apply.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

PS - did you have a letter from the Thai bank that your TFW transfers went into confirming their amounts and dates as foreign transfers?

Negative @TallGuyJohninBKK. As already stated my package contained only bank statements and T/W transaction slips.

14 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

And in Phitsanulok I have been assured by the IO.

This also applied in my case @wgdanson. I took the package in a week before for scrutiny and 'got the nod' at that time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Negative @TallGuyJohninBKK. As already stated my package contained only bank statements and T/W transaction slips.

This also applied in my case @wgdanson. I took the package in a week before for scrutiny and 'got the nod' at that time.

Hopefully some IOs are starting to use a little logic.

But mr Moonlover, what would you have done if the nod had NOT been given the week before. Up a certain creek without the necessary paddle! That is why I 'got the nod' six months in advance.

Edited by wgdanson

37 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A fair bit of oversimplification, considering that Sakon Nakhon is but one Immigration office among many, and there already have been reports that the documents approach you used hasn't been accepted at other offices.

PS, my Bkk Bank man says he will do me the letter with ALL transfers as foreign, even though the July T'wise came via Kasikorn Bank into my Bkk Bank. It still obviously came from the UK.

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

PS, my Bkk Bank man says he will do me the letter with ALL transfers as foreign, even though the July T'wise came via Kasikorn Bank into my Bkk Bank. It still obviously came from the UK.

Without some other evidence I do not see how it 'obviously' came from the UK. My TW one looked like a simple domestic transfer.

23 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Thanks for the reply... Now, it would really be great if.....

a. all the other Immigration offices followed the same flexible approach re documentation, and

b. they didn't just allow it this year during a supposed lenient period, but also from 2020 and beyond when the leniency period is supposed to end.

12 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Hopefully some IOs are starting to use a little logic.

But mr Moonlover, what would you have done if the nod had NOT been given the week before. Up a certain creek without the necessary paddle! That is why I 'got the nod' six months in advance.

I actually have a choice of creeks and paddles to go with them.

Creek 1 is Savannakket, only 90kls away and as I am married getting a non imm O is not a problem.

Creek 2 is access to 400K if I need it.

So I was not sweating at all. I appreciate though that not everyone is so blessed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Without some other evidence I do not see how it 'obviously' came from the UK. My TW one looked like a simple domestic transfer.

Sorry I did not mean with nothing else. The papertrail must be shown, obviously.

Nationwise - Transferwise - Kasikorn - Bkk Bank.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

But @jacko45k I've already said that the IO did accept the T/W transfer slip as standalone evidence that the money came from the UK. I think it might just have been the bit that said: 'Amount paid by XXXXX XXXXXX (next line) XXX GPB' that was the giveaway!

I also said that the IO took no notice of the transfer codes.

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

But @jacko45k I've already said that the IO did accept the T/W transfer slip as standalone evidence that the money came from the UK. I think it might just have been the bit that said: 'Amount paid by XXXXX XXXXXX (next line) XXX GPB' that was the giveaway!

I also said that the IO took no notice of the transfer codes.

My comment was directed at the person I quoted. Useful to know though.

• Thanks 1