Ground Transportation Fro Bkk To Hh

Isabellla

I think the taxi's are charging about 1800 to 2000 baht. For those prices, I recently did a three day trip and rented a car from Lumpani for less money than taxi roundtrip. Great Air Con bus service to Hua Hin though, can find fares for around 120 baht. My next choice to travel though will be by train. There are twelve a day to Hua Hin and run between 200 and 300 baht for first class.

I believe you are arriving from Europe with your family, and I'm guessing this is your 1st trip to Hua Hin.

If my assumptions are wrong, I apologize.

To get to HH by bus.....you must get a taxi to the Soutern Bus Terminal (less than 200 Bt) from the airport, and then bus to HH (128 Bt) and then get to your hotel once you get dropped off here (not a big problem, buy another step to negotiate).........

Best to take a taxi......make sure it's a meter taxi, and negotiate a "deal"......you may have to ask several taxi drivers, but you'll find one.

They'll ask for up to 2,500 Bt.......but you'll find one that'll do it for 1800 (maybe a touch less) + tolls (about 70 Bt).

If you're happy with the service, give the guy 2,000 and he should be happy.

You should be in your room within 3 hours of landing if you do it this way........add 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours to that if you do the bus.

You'll find this money well spent.

No schlepping luggage from vehicle to vehicle

Only one negotiation

"Door to door" service

You can stop to eat, rest, pee, and sightsee on your way down.

Frostback

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Frostback.

Very helpful.

I'd contacted an agency which give me the following by estate car ( I don't understand what they mean by this)

2000 bath-BKK to HH

1800 bath - HH to BK

My friend had travel with them but by van.

THis agency is well known in HUa HIn.

Do you know what they mean by estate car?