Retirement Visa

I am in the process of transfering 800,000 baht to my account in order to renew my retirement visa as I have done for the last 5 years. I understand that the money has to be in the account 3 months prior to the application date. Will the Finance Ministry hold 30% of that sum as they do with other transfers?

You should inform your bank the reason for the money transfer so they do not send

30% on to the Bank Of Thailand. Or better yet do it in sums low enough to avoid the question altogether.

Thanks "lopburi3" for your input. From your answer I assume that there is a maximum amount to be transfered without having to avoid the Bank Of Thailand's rule. What is that amount bearing in mind the cost of bank transfers.

You should inform your bank the reason for the money transfer so they do not send

30% on to the Bank Of Thailand. Or better yet do it in sums low enough to avoid the question altogether.

Thanks "lopburi3" for your input. From your answer I assume that there is a maximum amount to be transfered without having to avoid the Bank Of Thailand's rule. What is that amount bearing in mind the cost of bank transfers.

US $ 20000 and less will not attract 30% WHT but should still advise reason for transfer