Cleaning fuel lines

I have a 6 year old Isuzu D Max automatic 2.5L. At slow speed it appears slightly jerky. Does that mean there could be minor blockage in the fuel line & if so would I take it either to the dealer or a reliable mechanic?

Have you checked the Fuel filter??? They should be checked at 30th changed at around 50th km. I would go to a main dealer and get the correct one and not some copy. Cost a few hundred BHT.

My Tuna will go in next week for it's 30th service I shall ask them to take the filter off and if it's black I shall change it regardless.

N/B they don't always check it on the service intervals.

8 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Have you checked the Fuel filter??? They should be checked at 30th changed at around 50th km. I would go to a main dealer and get the correct one and not some copy. Cost a few hundred BHT.

Thanks as normally only consider oil filter when get service. I am on 125,000km so fuel filter may well have been changed by dealer as I was still using them up until a year or so ago

11 minutes ago, Valentine said:

Thanks as normally only consider oil filter when get service. I am on 125,000km so fuel filter may well have been changed by dealer as I was still using them up until a year or so ago

If you have the book in English it should tell you what should be done and at what intervals. As I said in my edit above post they don't always do things that should be done. They never grease my prop unless I tell them, and that should be done at 10th intervals.

The place I use local Toyo garage let me stand next/under my lump as they work on it and I just point out what I want done.  

1 hour ago, Valentine said:

There's manys that can cause a jerky ride.

A ' Cockpit ' outlet will be less expensive than main dealers and will check all for ya.

It can be caused anything but mainly 8 things.

Dirty injectors,  blockage in the catalytic converter,  if at high speed due to mass airflow sensor,  fuel pump issue,  dirty air filter,  clogged fuel filter,  accelerator cable wear,  faulty transmission control module, 

19 hours ago, transam said:

Will not be fuel lines...Or doubt air filter with your problem...Does any dash warning light come on when it fools around...? Has the ride got a fuel problem dash warning light...?

The indicator for low fuel comes on at times even when tank is full

40 minutes ago, Valentine said:

The indicator for low fuel comes on at times even when tank is full

The fuel warning light may have many functions. On my ol' Vigo the light came on, or flashed (can't remember), to tell you the fuel filter needed changing. Your handbook will tell all...

Archived