Reducing Work Visa/Permit Burden on Potential Employers

Hi everyone, I'm currently in the process of trying to obtain employment in Thailand. I'm a Canadian national and require an appropriate visa and work permit. I've received interest from a couple companies that were looking for fill positions that my education/skills fit perfectly, they were happy with my salary expectations, but both ended up not going anywhere. I have a feeling this was due to the hassle and red tape involved in hiring a foreigner (they may have thought I had a marriage visa or something and only required a work permit when they initially contacted me).

I'm just curious if there are any proactive steps I could take to reduce the burden on potential employers regarding obtaining a visa to work in Thailand.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

The documents needed to apply for a work permit are in fact not complex or difficult at all. Some originals often need to sighted but the labour folks will not keep them and you will need to have signed photocopies. 

The application must include a contract of employment which should already exist (if the employer is not willing to give you a proper contract of employment then all at your own risk anyway).

The application form is simple.

And the employer must attached copies of a couple of basic company registration documents etc.,which most companies would use regularly and have readily available, none of them are confidential. Copies of these documents are all that is needed, the labour office don't ask to see the originals.

The blank application forms in Thai and in English are in the pinned topics at the start of this forum. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1