"Combination method" to get to 800k. Still possible?

17 hours ago, elviajero said:

It doesn't "specifically" say that and I didn't say it did.

The combination method requires a combined total of 800K, but you are bound by the same rules as if using the full 800K in that a minimum balance of 400K must be maintained. In order for a minimum balance of 400K to be maintained you clearly need to start with 400K.

I asked at my IO here in Kalasin and they accept less than 400,000 in the bank if the total amount is at least 800,000.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

another lady desk 8 said no

47 minutes ago, a977 said:

Young gentleman at end of desk 8 Jomtien told me as long as the total is 800,000thb it will be accepted.

19 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The man at desk #8 jomtien will accept.  

Mixed messages emanating from desk 8 at Jomtien, it would appear!

Immigration in Chiang Mai told me ( a month ago) that the combination method is no longer available to the citizens of the countries (Embassies) that do not provide income verification (i.e. Australia, England, USA)?? Only monthly income to Thai bank method or Thai bank deposit method. Best to check with immigration directly.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Anybody use combination method at Jomtien? when i went in there and asked they said no

And I went there and the young lady who accepts the applications at the desk inside said yes.!  

Sriracha Immigration accepted last Thursday, 25.7., combination method with income verification by German consul.

No word of 400k minimum balance must be maintained.

And don't ask me if TM30 was required for Retirement extension, I have this slip since 2005 in my passport. ????

I'm going into Chang Wattana this week with only THB 715,000 in total monthly deposits for 12 months, but with over 65,000/month in the months since January, when the U.S. Consulate stopped providing affidavits. I have almost 150,000 in two Bangkok Bank savings accounts, so I'll find out if they accept that as a "combination" or not. Otherwise, I'm back to square one and may have to fly back to the U.S. and apply for a new Non O-A retirement visa there and start from scratch. I plan to consult with a law firm first to see if they have any options if refused Extension. 

I'm going into Chang Wattana this week with only THB 715,000 in total monthly deposits for 12 months, but with over 65,000/month in the months since January, when the U.S. Consulate stopped providing affidavits. I have almost 150,000 in two Bangkok Bank savings accounts, so I'll find out if they accept that as a "combination" or not. Otherwise, I'm back to square one and may have to fly back to the U.S. and apply for a new Non O-A retirement visa there and start from scratch. I plan to consult with a law firm first to see if they have any options if refused Extension. 
Just go to an agent if Immigration don't like it, no need to fly anywhere or see a lawyer
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bangkok Basha said:

If you have proof of 65k baht being transferred from abroad since January Chaeng Wattana will accept those to do your application since they are following the memo allowing less than 12 months of transfers this year.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Basha said:

They should process it as income only because of the foreign transfers since Jan; as long as they are all at least 65K.

"Combination method" not working at Chaeng Wattana, at least for me. In spite of having transferred nearly 1 million baht over the past 12 months, I was denied for having one single month a year ago with less than the required minimum of 65,000 month. And not only did they want to see the passbooks and photocopies of every page, they wanted "credit advices" from my bank (Bangkok Bank) for every single foreign currency transfer. I was unable to provide those for July 2019 because I had used TransferWise for three transactions this month, and only one of them showed up as "FTT" (foreign currency) tranactions. The other two were "SMT", or interbank transfer via Kasikorn Bank, TransferWise's correspondent bank here in Bangkok. It was a complete mess, and the agents were neither helpful nor even slightly encouraging. So much for "lenience" in this first year of no embassy affidavits. My current Extension of Stay expires this Sunday, so I will have to start over from scratch and apply for a new Non-O-A Retirement Visa somewhere else. Any suggestions most welcome? Cambodia? I would like to avoid the expense of traveling back to the U.S.

"Combination method" not working at Chaeng Wattana, at least for me. In spite of having transferred nearly 1 million baht over the past 12 months, I was denied for having one single month a year ago with less than the required minimum of 65,000 month. And not only did they want to see the passbooks and photocopies of every page, they wanted "credit advices" from my bank (Bangkok Bank) for every single foreign currency transfer. I was unable to provide those for July 2019 because I had used TransferWise for three transactions this month, and only one of them showed up as "FTT" (foreign currency) tranactions. The other two were "SMT", or interbank transfer via Kasikorn Bank, TransferWise's correspondent bank here in Bangkok. It was a complete mess, and the agents were neither helpful nor even slightly encouraging. So much for "lenience" in this first year of no embassy affidavits. My current Extension of Stay expires this Sunday, so I will have to start over from scratch and apply for a new Non-O-A Retirement Visa somewhere else. Any suggestions most welcome? Cambodia? I would like to avoid the expense of traveling back to the U.S.

You can't get a Non O-A unless you go back to the US, it will need to be an O from Laos most likely.

I think the IOs enjoy rejecting people, no compassion, they don't even know what being pragmatic means

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Basha said:

To be fair.. The leniency was supposed to be for the period before the rules started.. You clearly didnt have foreign sourced deposits of over 65k since the clear rules were introduced. 

If you said they were denying it because there wasnt proof of 12 before the announcements, then sure thats the period of expected leniency. Not trying to be on your case but clearly the rules were not met, since the rules being introduced. 

To be fair.. The leniency was supposed to be for the period before the rules started.. You clearly didnt have foreign sourced deposits of over 65k since the clear rules were introduced. 

If you said they were denying it because there wasnt proof of 12 before the announcements, then sure thats the period of expected leniency. Not trying to be on your case but clearly the rules were not met, since the rules being introduced. 

Don't you think their rules are a bit stupid though, 11 monthly payments from abroad, one domestic because of Transferwise procedural change not declared to customers. Could easily prove the transaction started off from abroad. IOs should be pragmatic.

and don't get me started why a married person only needs 40k a month, a single person 65k a month, maybe they are thinking a single person has agogos to pay for

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't you think their rules are a bit stupid though, 11 monthly payments from abroad, one domestic because of Transferwise procedural change not declared to customers. Could easily prove the transaction started off from abroad. IOs should be pragmatic.

and don't get me started why a married person only needs 40k a month, a single person 65k a month, maybe they are thinking a single person has agogos to pay for

Do I sympathise ?? Sure of course.. 

However they clearly said people who didnt have proof before the rules were announced, would get some accomodation, those who failed after the rules were announced its on them.