20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
21 hours ago, bkk6060 said:
No.
Mostly over 20k now.

The guys i know are paying 12,500 in Pattaya

Have to watch this, one of the best known agents in Pattaya charges you, then sends you across the road into the Bangkok Bank at the Big C shopping mall who charges you another 2000 Bt to fix the bank account.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Thailand said:

Wrong

Yes, you are wrong.

20k+ is the going rate for one who has nothing that includes the fee and multiple entry.

Your quotes are old..or you may be getting a fake stamp....

PS:  I just got off the phone with one of the more popular heavily advertised agencies and was quoted 30,000 b for everything I mentioned above.

So, people need to keep up to date as to what is currently priced.

Edited by bkk6060

7 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

I have used an agency since retirement arrival in Chiang Mai on an O-A 8 years ago. This year a little rocky as they were not sure what I migration would do as one out of the 12 months required fell below the 65,000 baht. All went through OK for another year’s extension of stay. Just figure the agency deals with immigration every day and thus knows the twists and turns. This year 8000 baht without a re-entry permit (told them I was not going to pay for that should Thailand tell me I am unwanted). 

Just remember to get the 1,000 THB stamp if you should decide to leave the country sometime  during the next year.

14 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, you are wrong.

20k+ is the going rate for one who has nothing that includes the fee and multiple entry.

Your quotes are old..or you may be getting a fake stamp....

A Multiple Re-Entry should be an option, a single would reduce direct costs by 2800 baht. 

When you say 'has nothing' do we presume a person on a Tourist Visa or Visa Exempt, as of course the Non-Imm-O Entry would add 2000 baht in direct costs too.

Not heard of any 'fake stamps', usually people collect their own passport and get the photo taken at immigration itself.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

Have to watch this, one of the best known agents in Pattaya charges you, then sends you across the road into the Bangkok Bank at the Big C shopping mall who charges you another 2000 Bt to fix the bank account.
The 2,000 baht you mention is this to use their bank account / open a new one for you?

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Do it at your peril ☹️

Do tell. What horror stories do you know have occurred? Not trying to be a donk; the fact that agents widely advertise their services seems an invitation for hungry bellies in brown shirts to come sniffing out those brown envelopes. Do we know of an agent who hasn't delivered and had their customers shafted?

Edited by SuperTed
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Some of them have 800,000 difficult issues unaddressed. The whiff of desperation envelopes the thread.

1. 5% on 800,000 baht is 40,000 baht. Now that income letters are not accepted, do you want to piss away 40,000 baht or 12,500 baht a year on your retirement visa?

2. The less money you maintain in your Thai bank account, the less money your wife's desperate criminal cousin can steal from you. When it comes to money in Thailand, always make sure you are worth more alive than dead. Your Thai bank account should be empty at the end of each month.

3. It's "envelops".

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The 2,000 baht you mention is this to use their bank account / open a new one for you?

I'm not sure, I was sent across, only took about 10 mins, I thought that was it then he asked me for either 2000Bt or 1.900Bt, I asked him what it was for, but he could not or would not tell me. I had used two agents in Pattaya and one in Bangkok, neither asked me for that money, also. I have heard it has been increased recently, a scam between the bank and the agent I think.

Why are people so lazy?  Immigration asks for nothing that anyone with a high school education could do.  You can glean enough information out of Thai Visa to do yours and a dozen others without breaking a sweat.

2 minutes ago, TGIR said:

Why are people so lazy?  Immigration asks for nothing that anyone with a high school education could do.  You can glean enough information out of Thai Visa to do yours and a dozen others without breaking a sweat.

That's an interesting post of your however can I suggest with your viewpoint  you never ever consider working for the "Samaritans" or any other non-profit organisation that provides support for people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

They seem to see you coming. Costs should be:

1 year renew 12,500
1 year renew Single 13,500
1 year renew Multiple 16,500.

Tell the guy to stop ripping you off. These are costs as of last week

I think he is a bit like my wife ,always right, so smile and nod seems to be the solution.

• Like 1

A number of experienced ex-pats have pointed out the following about using an agent to get around the requirement of having 800,000 baht in the bank for a retirement extension:

1) If you go that route you are probably stuck with it.  That is because, if you try to switch back to a legitimate approach (i.e., with 800K baht in your account before and after extension), a different Immo officer can easily see from your bank account history that you did not have the funds in the account for previous extension.  Normally, Thai gov't. offices are required to keep legal documentation on file for 5 years before disposing.

2) Some will argue that it doesn't matter if a senior Immo officer used their discretion to approve the extension without the required bank account info.  Well, what if that officer is transferred, and the new officer will not play the game?  Then the agent has lost his/her key accomplice in the local Immo office.  You are then outed and could face worse consequences than a mere denial of extension and 7 days to exit.  

3) If you are using an agent to feed corrupt Immo officials, then you are part of the problem.

It's in all of our interest to insist on being legal with Immo, to appear at Immo in person, and require official receipts for fines or services rendered by an Immo office.

• Like 1

Scubascuba3

It is nice to know that you are fit and healthy.

Have you thought that some others here do not have your good fortune.

And need help.

It could happen to you one day.

Please show some compassion for others in the future before call people lazy.

• Like 1

Scubascuba3

It is nice to know that you are fit and healthy.

Have you thought that some others here do not have your good fortune.

And need help.

It could happen to you one day.

Please show some compassion for others in the future before call people lazy.

Wrong person, it was a BM TGIR post

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, Mac98 said:

A popular agent in Jomtien quoted a price of $1200 for a 15-month stamp, renewable for another 15 months for $800.

Are you saying that a THAI agent in THAILAND quoted you in $ ( and which $ would they be? More than one country uses $ )?

Try again quoting in Thai baht, and you might get a more informed answer.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, SuperTed said:

the less money your wife's desperate criminal cousin can steal from you.

And how on Earth is this desperate cousin going to steal money from my bank account? My Mrs doesn't even have access. 

23 hours ago, Deerculler said:

Surin or Buriram Prov

Originally used agent Banhkok. Moved up North renewed extension  up north on my own. There we a bunch of No you have to go to Bangkok. I kept explaining nicely I live here not Bangkok and they 

renewed....

2 hours ago, The Cobra said:

There are many reasons to use an agent and ultimately it's a personal choice and others should not sit in judgement on those that do.

Some may be elderly and have mobility issues.

Some just can't stand the hassle of performing at the whim of IO

Some just find the whole process time consuming and have better things to do.

Some are totally intimidated by the process and find it stressful

Some don't have the confidence.

Some don't meet the financial criteria but have families and loved ones, they have a life here for many years and need a way to continue not just for them but for the family.

Whatever the reason, it's their choice, their money, their reasons.

Don't sit in judgement or ridicule please, circumstances change rapidly here and one day you might need help and need one too.

I agree with you but if you are using an agent to somehow circumvent the Immigration requirements then that is wrong path to pursue.