2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

USA. Planned on O-A but rules changed and now medical insurance needed. At 77 it is not available. My credit cards were, and are, my medical insurance. 

Medical insurance has not yet been mandated. 

2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

USA. Planned on O-A but rules changed and now medical insurance needed. At 77 it is not available. My credit cards were, and are, my medical insurance. 

I just looked at the website for the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles. There is no mention of an insurance requirement for an O-A visa. This was approved by a Ministry in Thailand, has been much discussed on social media but has not been implemented. Unless of course someone has recent personal experience of having been asked for this.

Edited by Martyp
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Martyp said:

This was approved by a Ministry in Thailand, has been much discussed on social media but has not been implemented.

It was only approved as a concept that was suggested  by the Ministry of Health.

It apparently has gone no further than that as of now. I suspect it has died on the vine.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It was only approved as a concept that was suggested  by the Ministry of Health.

It apparently has gone no further than that as of now. I suspect it has died on the vine.

But not the misunderstanding, misinformation, and commentary. Thanks.

Medical insurance is indeed mentioned on the Royal Thai Embassy website for the very long-term, ten year visa (O-X).

• – Applicant must have a bank deposit of no less than 3 million bahts in Thailand or a bank deposit of no less than 1.8 million bahts and annual income of no less than 1.2 million bahts. Such amount must be maintained in bank deposit in full for at least one year, and keep at no less than 1.5 million bahts thereafter.
  • – Applicant must have a Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 bahts and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 bahts.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Basha said:

Medical insurance is indeed mentioned on the Royal Thai Embassy website for the very long-term, ten year visa (O-X).

• – Applicant must have a bank deposit of no less than 3 million bahts in Thailand or a bank deposit of no less than 1.8 million bahts and annual income of no less than 1.2 million bahts. Such amount must be maintained in bank deposit in full for at least one year, and keep at no less than 1.5 million bahts thereafter.
  • – Applicant must have a Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 bahts and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 bahts.

You are correct. Insurance is required for an O-X visa. Previously you asked about an O-A visa and no insurance is required for that visa. O-X and O-A are different visas and I suspect that O-A visas are more common.

Edited by Martyp

12 hours ago, Bangkok Basha said:

I believe required since it was introduced. But the discussion was wrt Non-Imm-OA. Different beast. 

41 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

!4 thousand baht for a renewal at Chonburi Immigration in Jomtien. No funds in a Thai bank,just proof of at least 65K baht a month.

Very expensive.

People are paying that and having no funds at all. You are quoting a  confirmed monthly income situation which should be standard agent fee ,here in ChiangMai as little as 3000 baht up.

The alternative service somewhat more.

On 7/28/2019 at 9:20 PM, ubonjoe said:

The 15 months total stay is for those that have a tourist or visa exempt entry and includes the 90 day entry from a non immigrant visa application and the 12 month extension.

For a existing extension of stay it would only be 12 months.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:38 PM, Tropicalevo said:

I believe that if you leave the country and return just before the 12 months is up, on return you receive another 90 days. Hence the '15 months'.

Except the agent said I would not have to leave the country, and another TV would require returning to USA.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:37 PM, Martyp said:

Have you considered getting an O-A visa before coming here? Just check for the list of documents on the website of the Thai Consulate in your country. Where are you from by-the-way?

O-A requires health insurance. At 77 there is none for me. My credit cards are my health insurance.

3 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

O-A requires health insurance. At 77 there is none for me. My credit cards are my health insurance.

At this time the OA visa does not require insurance. It has not started yet and it is unknown when and if it will be required.

2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

This in the second time you have said this and for the second time - there is no health insurance requirement for a O-A visa to Thailand.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Nonsense, again..... No health insurance requirement for an O-A Visa. (Yet).

Edited by jacko45k

• 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, codebunny said:

Any recommended agents? Most of them don't seem like much cop to me. I phoned one up, and they just didn't seem to know enough for me to find them convincing.

What can they do that we can't? Some "magic spells" or something?

They bribe the immigration officer und thus get an expedited service

Should not be used because it just motivates immigration police to tighten the rules for everybody to get more people into the agent scheme

• Like 1