Week Kneed Tv And Newspapers In Pattaya.

Luckydog

I have worked for many TV stations and newspapers here and almost without fail, my copy is

Censored.......Not for violent criticism you understand, but for the mildest negative comments about the Cops or City Hall.

What does Thailand mean? I was told it meant 'Free Land'.....Bit of a joke no?

Thank goodness for Thaivisa's courage.

PS. Sorry meant WEAK!

Edited by Luckydog

As you know Luckydog - most media services here - including the Post and The Nation - exercise some form of self-censorship - often to a ludicrous degree.

Also Thailand is now ranked as one of the worst countries in the world for internet censorship - the number of blocked sites is now past the 20,000 mark and is increasing rapidly.

Many of the sites have been blocked for no good reason - IMHO - sites critical of the CNS or whatever.

Has anyone noticed recently the exceptionally small font sizes of the headlines in The Post and The Nation? Does this reflect the relative unimportance of those particular stories or are they trying to tell us something - a silent protest.

If you want some stories about Thailand that are censored in the Thai media - go to the Asian Human Rights Commission (Thailand).