Extn of stay based on marriage - legalisation

Hi 

I have had my UK marriage cert notarised by the FCO in MK and then legalised at the London Thai embassy. 

I believe now before registering at the local amphur (Khon Khaen province) to get a kor ror 22, I have to have it again signed by the Thai consul in Bangkok?

i have emailed them last week but no reply:

1. Does the cert need translating ?

2. Do you need to make an appt and if so how?

3. Is there another charge ?

4. Anything else need to be done before taking to amphur?

thanks to all

Edited by Expat2014

1. Your marriage certificate must be translated to Thai and then the translation has to be certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

2/3. There is no appointment needed to have the translation certified. Info is here.

http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/71860-ขั้นตอนการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร---Legalization-Proc.html

4. I suggest you contact the Amphoe where you will be registering your foreign marriage to find out what they require since varies from on to another.Some will want your passport photo page certified by the embassy and translated to Thai.

3 minutes ago, Expat2014 said:

Thanks Joe - that process diagram is perfect - are you saying that my passport may need to go through whole process in UK to get notarised etc same as my marriage certificate ?

No

You can get copy of your photo page certified by the UK embassy here if needed.

See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#certified-copies-of-british-passports