Money Out with no work permit

Here is my situation.

I earned, saved, paid taxes on a proper non-O Business visa with WP.

Now my contract expired, I have some money in the bank and I will convert my WP and Non-O Business visa into a Retirement visa.

My question is, can I take my money out of the country after I lost my WP?

Can I do it as easily as I would now that I still have the WP?

Thanks in advance

If you still have your Work Permit you can register a foreign account to transfer Thai Baht out of the country via Internet Banking.

My only experience is with Kasikorn where the transfer limit is THB1,000,000 per day. After initial registration which has to be done manually, it needs to be renewed annually. However the renewal is easily done online and you will not be asked for a Work Permit again. 

Bangkok Bank would not let me have international transfers without a work permit (which I don't have). So I went to Krungsri and they opened an account, gave me an ATM card, and internet banking with international transfer facilities; and all I had to do was show them my passport. Seems to vary by bank, and probably by branch.

7 hours ago, FracturedRabbit said:

Seems to vary by bank, and probably by branch.

Yes, I think it does, by the individual you are dealing with even. Local branch (yellow) would not order in GBP banknotes, for a partial withdrawal from a GBP FCD, particular individual suggested I go to Bangkok to get some!

Bangkok Bank is the worse bank if you dont have a work permit, very restrictive, they dont even allow you to use the mobile app.

I would check kbank or the other bank mentioned above.

You can also use bitcoin to transfer money out and it takes under 30 minutes to have those bitcoins in an account in the US. 

I know most people are not used to this new concept but once you learn about how to use bitcoins it is a piece of cake.

You would need to open an account at coinbase.com in the US, receive the Bitcoin and sell it just like selling stocks or currency.

Best of of luck!

Kasikorn & TMB both have International transfers on their phone Apps now. Kasikorn limit is just under 50K USD per day.

Not sure about TMB. I would think that the other banks will be following shortly.

It's about as easy as a transfer within Thailand. 5 Min on your K Bank App

13 hours ago, 3421abc said:

Bangkok Bank is the worse bank if you dont have a work permit, very restrictive, they dont even allow you to use the mobile app.

I don't know about that.  I've never worked here, have a Bangkok Bank savings account and can use the app or mobile banking with no issues.

A mate has been using them recently for outbound international transfers (since DeeMoney lost their UK link) and describes it as simple.  Again, he has no work permit.

Archived