Health Insurance

wgdanson

I have just taken out a policy, Cigna Close Care. Covers up to Bht 12M, cost £3131 as I am 71 years old.

STUPIDLY I filled out that I had a slightly enlarged prostate found in 2015, 3mm oversize, no medication, surgery or malignancy suggested.

Cigna have now excluded that from the cover, but I can contest this on renewal next year.

Should they not have reduced the premium seeing as they are not covering something?

Any comments please.

11 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

I have always said don,t trust any companies as far as you can toss them? Better to put you money somewhere safe. sadly you just screwed yourself from being honest.

BUT, the policy cost me Bht 130,000. What would a heart or stroke jobbie cost me....300,000?

Don't trust the f....ing hospitals I say!

Just now, wgdanson said:

BUT, the policy cost me Bht 130,000. What would a heart or strike jobbie cost me....300,000?

Don't trust the f....ing hospitals I say!

Yes and you are also in high risk age bracket . A heart attack or a stroke in private hospital can easily cost over a million .

let me put it to you this way . If you did not tell them and needed surgery or treatment and they found out you had a problem , they simply would have refused to pay .

Your only option was to shop around and see if anyone else would not exclude it.

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yes and you are also in high risk age bracket . A heart attack or a stroke in private hospital can easily cost over a million .

let me put it to you this way . If you did not tell them and needed surgery or treatment and they found out you had a problem , they simply would have refused to pay .

Your only option was to shop around and see if anyone else would not exclude it.

Thanks, and that is the very reason I told 'em about my prostate. Not that that is my main worry, most men die 'with it' as opposed to 'from it'. And if I was diagnosed I could get back to UK for treatment. It's the coronary, stroke or accident which worries me most.

I did shop around the limited number of companies who would start a new policy for a septagenarian like me. Pacific Cross wanted 65k plus 40k excess for just 1.2M cover and excluded prostate. Most other would not touch me (Mmmmm nice!)

So with Cigna I have up to £325,000 cover, 180 days in UK if I need, 90 days elsewhere. So to me, it seems a good compromise.

Archived