15 suspects believed to have taken part in Bangkok bombings

webfact

I'm British and staying in Bangkok and i fully understand about moving on with life after Friday's bombs in Bangkok. I find it totally unbearable and unbelievable that a Government representative stated it is now safe! How can it be safe when only "3" of the estimated "15" have been arrested! Yes! I'm scared/concerned about going into "Downtown Bangkok" for my own 100#% Safety! ????????????

This circus will soon be put to bed - the amazing efficiency of the police force will be lauded, Big Cheese will pat himself on the back, and the end result will be some poor saps, probably innocent bystanders and/or minor criminals paid a few hundred Baht to plant the devices, will have been fitted up and banged away for life. Thai justice will have been served, tourists reassured and life will return to normal until the next time.

34 minutes ago, Dice Man said:

The "suspects " seem to move across the borders with no problems ? Did they fill in their TM 30 etc...to much time spent persecuting Westeners  and not enough looking out for terrorists ??

Reminds me of the the immigration spudhead's rant about how TM30 is needed to monitor foreigners in the name of national security. Looks like the Thais are doing a damned good job of scuttling their own country without any help from foreigners. Unless the 15 suspects are all foreigners.

something completely wrong with this the bombs used in main areas were kids toys not worth going to jail for the ones that burnt down the shops a different kettle of fish and if you watched the supposed bomb squad on tv playing with the so-called bombs you would know there was no danger

1 hour ago, kevinmartyn said:

I'm British and staying in Bangkok and i fully understand about moving on with life after Friday's bombs in Bangkok. I find it totally unbearable and unbelievable that a Government representative stated it is now safe! How can it be safe when only "3" of the estimated "15" have been arrested! Yes! I'm scared/concerned about going into "Downtown Bangkok" for my own 100#% Safety! ????????????

Better chance of being hit by a speeding car or a motor taxi racing down on the pedestrian pavement in opposite direction than hurt by an occasion bomb. ????

21 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Expect that number to dwindle down to oblivion and soon forgotten. The police don’t seem to have any success in convicting any bombers except in the Deep South. The 2016 bombings in 5 locations that resulted in fatalities have all but forgotten with no one convicted. The Erawan bombers are still in court with no sentencing for next couple of years. As usual the police will have scores of suspects picked up at random to give the image of top notch efficient police work. They will soon be released for lack of evidence. Always the case. 

It would come as a surprise if they were released seeing as how the police paid themselves 3,000,000 baht reward for their capture. If it were admitted now there is not enough evidence for a conviction they might have to pay back the money and that would never happen.

But maybe they might release them quietly and let them slip away. Then the money issue could be forgotten.

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Nothing about the alleged bombers' motive or affiliation. Are the authorities playing the cards close to their chest - or have they no idea who planted the devices or why?

Kids with 'ping pong bombs' as the look of it...

On 8/5/2019 at 3:09 PM, dcnx said:

Incredible they put that together so fast. Given everything we know about how inept the police are here, I don’t believe a word of it. 

You assume they investigated by themselves? Are they building the BTS extensions by themselves?  I'll bet American experts were involved behind the scenes.  

Another example of American excellence.

Archived