How to get Irish passport

English born and bred -west mids - but had an Irish grandad. 

If i get an Irish passport I can work in Germany with no restriction true or false?

What are the steps to get an Irish passport due to having Irish grandad? Can I do this from Thailand?

I applied for the Irish passport 1 year ago. They need your grandfather's birth certificate, death certificate, your passport and address of residence. It took 2 months so be prepared to wait a bit. If your grandfather changed his citizenship from Irish to U.K for example you can not apply. Hope this helps.

I applied for the Irish passport 1 year ago. They need your grandfather's birth certificate, death certificate, your passport and address of residence. It took 2 months so be prepared to wait a bit. If your grandfather changed his citizenship from Irish to U.K for example you can not apply. Hope this helps.

Since the signing of the “Good Friday” agreement, the children and grandchildren of anyone born on the island of Ireland can claim Irish citizenship. The parent or grandparent does not need to be an Irish citizen, in my case my mother was from Belfast and was from a staunch Protestant/Loyalist family and was a UK citizen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
2 hours ago, Celer et Audax said:

Since the signing of the “Good Friday” agreement, the children and grandchildren of anyone born on the island of Ireland can claim Irish citizenship. The parent or grandparent does not need to be an Irish citizen, in my case my mother was from Belfast and was from a staunch Protestant/Loyalist family and was a UK citizen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yup. Understood. Been in touch with sister in uk and we are applying together. should be ok.

I was going to say just act a bit thick, but then......
They have a lot of jokes about us I reckon.

I just found this one on the internet.

An Englishman went into a hardware store and asked to buy a sink.

"Would you like one with a plug?" asked the Irishman.

"Don't tell me they've gone electric,"said the Englishman.

• Like 1