TM 30 Experience

Yesterday I went to renew my retirement visa at Chang Wattana. I arrived at 6 am and was 57 in line. At 8:30, I had my queue number for the visa extension, L 8. I waited about 5 mins for my number to come up and, before even looking at any of my documents or passport, the extension officer asked me where was my TM30 form. I said I didn't know anything, so she handed me the TM30 form and went and got a queue number for the TM30 section, B80 (with 76 people in front of me...remember this is about 8:40 am). At 10 am, my number came up and I showed the officer my documents (I have a long-term lease for a house that is registered with the land department and recorded on the deed, but my name is not in any tabien ban). While I tried to plea my case, I was told to just fill out the form in my name and I was fined 800B late fee. That took about 30 mins to complete. With my TM30 receipt, I went back to the visa officer, who took me right away and I completed that process in about 10 minutes (who also told me to keep the TM30 receipt securely in my passport at all times, presumably in case my house gets raided and the police ask to see if I have reported), and then waited for 1 hour for the final signature (the officer said that maybe the senior officer was "in a meeting"). I got my passport back with my extension at 2 minutes to noon, got a queue for the re-entry permit, but then they closed for lunch, but there were only 4 ahead of me in that queue, so after lunch, it only took about 30 minutes to get the re-entry permit. 

The officer who processed the TM30 (who I must say was quite efficient given the many documents and variety of situations), said I should download the app using the QR code posted on the front of the divider (which didn't work, but I could find the app in Google Playstore under 'section 38'). I tried to register right there and then, but I got stuck when it asked for "house ID No." and there was no one available to help fill out the app. (later, after lunch, I was told If I had some questions, to get a queue number, which I did, B 455, with 202 ahead of me...naturally, I didn't wait, but that shows how many people are going there about TM30). 

I then asked at the front information counter about how to handle the TM30 the next time I leave and return. The officer there said, "just come here to do it, don't trust the on-line or mail in process". She also said there was a three day grace period to report. Has anyone heard that before?

So some questions:

1. What have others experienced regarding TM30 when extending their visa at CW?

2. What have other experienced with download the app or using the website to apply or submit?

3. Has anyone tried mailing in the TM30 form?

4. Since I'm not going to spend 600 b in taxi fare and half a day going to CW each time I return from overseas (bleary eyed and jet lagged), I'm wondering if one should just ignore reporting and accept the fine as another cost of extending their visa, albeit adding 3-4 hours to the process. Any thoughts? 

Regarding the online website - My landlord got registered but it took over 3 weeks to get a password. Some people complete the website in hours/days others in weeks/months. However, once you are on it is obviously convenient. 

1 hour ago, fritzgoss said:

I was told If I had some questions, to get a queue number, which I did, B 455, with 202 ahead of me...naturally, I didn't wait, but that shows how many people are going there about TM30). 

Yes, and it also shows how many need to do it waiting in line, instead of fixing that when they should. Then the extension process would go much quicker as well as no fines need to be payed.

OP, thanks for report. There have been reports of success using online and mail. Similar to yourself I exit los every few weeks and reenter. My plan is to ignore tm30 until my last entry to los prior to my need to attend CW for extension and do tm30 as possessor via mail. One problem is that from reports using mail, the receipt is taking 3 weeks. So that's an issue. 

Its not so much the 800bht fine, its added waiting at CW. I do the bank letter at CW so with the tm30 crap will be lucky to be out by 5pm. 

Edited by DrJack54

1. What have others experienced regarding TM30 when extending their visa at CW?

Best a

2. What have other experienced with download the app or using the website to apply or submit?

3. Has anyone tried mailing in the TM30 form?

4. Since I'm not going to spend 600 b in taxi fare and half a day going to CW each time I return from overseas (bleary eyed and jet lagged), I'm wondering if one should just ignore reporting and accept the fine as another cost of extending their visa, albeit adding 3-4 hours to the process. Any thoughts? 

1. & 4. Best to avoid going in person to CW, for the reasons you mention.

2. Have completed online website, received the acknowledgement email, and await the User ID and Password, (about a week so far; this is a huge variable, with some waiting weeks and months). Have completed app and told "already registered", but no User ID and password forthcoming.

3. Mail-in to CW worked for me. Onerous with paper (photocopies) quantities. Receipt received after 2-3 weeks.

Ideally will do it online, once or if IMM provide the User ID and password, otherwise, like the temperamental 90 day online reporting, which I now only do by mail-in to CW, I will complete TM.30 by mail in, with its multitudinous paperwork.

Edited by samtam

4 minutes ago, samtam said:

1. & 4. Best to avoid going in person to CW, for the reasons you mention.

2. Have completed online website, received the acknowledgement email, and await the User ID and Password, (about a week so far; this is a huge variable, with some waiting weeks and months). Have completed app and told "already registered", but no User ID and password forthcoming.

3. Mail-in to CW worked for me. Onerous with paper (photocopies) quantities. Receipt received after 2-3 weeks.

Ideally will do it online, once or if IMM provide the User ID and password, otherwise, like the temperamental 90 day online reporting, which I now only do this by mail-in to CW, I will complete TM.30 by mail in, with its multitudinous paperwork.

thanks for the reply. What documents do you provide by mail for the TM30? Did you send it registered mail, receipt requested? when did you send it?

I am an owner:

1. TM.30 form plus attachment with registered aliens living in the residence, (myself and partner as joint owners)

2. Passport details page

3. TM.6

4. Chanote (Title Deed) or Tambien Baan (Yellow Book), (and for good measure Blue book, but not necessary, AFAIK)

5. Extension of Stay stamp

2.-5. copies, signed

Edited by samtam

9 minutes ago, fritzgoss said:

thanks for the reply. What documents do you provide by mail for the TM30? Did you send it registered mail, receipt requested? when did you send it?

Reports from others doing it as possessor via mail is include copies pp identity page, tm6, last entry stamp, extension of stay and might as well include reentry permit if you have one. Along with lease. 

Send it ems mail and include self address return.

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Stay put...

I agree if app does not work I will do it.  I will opt to just pay the fine, it is not practical or realistic to ask people to do this, just put tracking devices on are ankles and get it over with  

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Most people (I'm not one of them) are proud owners of 'smart phones'.....

It's a very good point, once registered why do we have to report as the police have the power to monitor our phones location (as has been openly evidenced in a number of police cases).

still waiting....residing with gf who rents a condo.  same address as on 90-day reports and all official documents.

applied online end of may.  replied to confirmation email.

applied online two weeks ago.  replied to confirmation email.

both applications show "waiting for approval"

returned to thailand early july, mailed in tm30 to CW next day.  ems received at immigration following business day.  been waiting 4-1/2 weeks.  tracking number on the return envelope still has not entered the system.

I don't understand why people are so freaked out about TM30 or 90-day report. I see dozen of posts everyday about TM30. I have decided not to report TM30 or 90-day and pay the fine if needed. The fine is only 1600 BHT and not cumulative. For people who need any immigration help, it may be a hassle. As I have a 20-year TE visa, I don't need any immigration help (Probably in my life time). I can get out and come back once a year instead of renewing it in the CW office every year. If caught in the immigration raid (extremely low probability) , I will just pay the fine 1600 BHT. It is not a big deal. Why should I subject myself to Nazi era reporting in 21st century? Good luck to all who are reluctant to pay the fine or need yearly immigration office visit. I could have gotten a retirement visa (as I am 58 years old) but preferred 20-year TE for its flexibility and hassle free feature for permanent stay in Thailand. Now back to condo hunt for a condo purchase. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

11 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I don't understand why people are so freaked out about TM30 or 90-day report. I see dozen of posts everyday about TM30. I have decided not to report TM30 or 90-day and pay the fine if needed. The fine is only 1600 BHT and not cumulative. For people who need any immigration help, it may be a hassle. As I have a 20-year TE visa, I don't need any immigration help (Probably in my life time). I can get out and come back once a year instead of renewing it in the CW office every year. If caught in the immigration raid (extremely low probability) , I will just pay the fine 1600 BHT. It is not a big deal. Why should I subject myself to Nazi era reporting in 21st century? Good luck to all who are reluctant to pay the fine or need yearly immigration office visit. I could have gotten a retirement visa (as I am 58 years old) but preferred 20-year TE for its flexibility and hassle free feature for permanent stay in Thailand. Now back to condo hunt for a condo purchase. 

OP, you can be arrested for not doing 90 day reports, it can be 5,000 baht and 200 per day. You can skip TM30s and pay a fine if you like but skipping 90 day reports is a serious issue and can get you in more trouble than just a fine.

Eventually you will need to visit immigration for a resident certificate etc, miss enough 90 day reports and you will eventually pop up on the arrival and departure computers or someone will come knocking at your last know address.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Of course you understand why everyone is freaked out by the TM30/90-day requirements. Otherwise you wouldn't have paid out 2,000,000 baht for the TE visa which is about $250+USD/month plus however many 1600 baht fines you acquire. If you are as frequent a follower of this forum as you claim to be you will realize that that is a lot of money to many expats here. I think what you can't understand is people who aren't financially fortunate as you are. But nice to hear you are found a way to stay comfortably in the Land of Smiles.

Well, will wonders never cease, after hearing all the stories of waiting for months for a user name and password, mine came today, just one day after I submitted my request (again to my junk email box, so those waiting might want to check there). I then dutifully logged onto the system and changed my password (only 5 characters allowed).

So, I will wait until I return the next time to try reporting, although I notice one potential issue. The form that comes up is labeled "(extranet.immigration.go.th)FNHOTELFORM30 : บันทึกแจ้งรับคนต่างด้าวเข้าพัก(Notification TM.30)" and there is a space for "check out date", so I'm not sure what to fill in there, if i have no plans to leave.

There is also a notices that reads "ปัจจุบันได้มีการปรับปรุงระบบแจ้งที่พัก กรุณาตรวจสอบแบบฟอร์มการนำเข้ารูปแบบ excel ว่าเป็น แบบแจ้งที่พัก ตม.30 version3 หรือไม่ เพื่อความถูกต้องในการใช้งานระบบอย่างสมบรูณ์ [At present, the accommodation notification system has been updated. Please check the import form of the excel format as a form of accommodation notification, Tor. 30 version3 or not for the correctness of the system]" and a place to import an excel file, but not sure what that file would be?

And then there is a form at the bottom that has columns for information that is similar to that in the top part, but no way to enter into that form, so not sure what that is for.

Anyway, I've made progress, but If anyone has made a real submission, maybe they can answer the questions.