Doing my first TM-30

For the email confirmation email it should be almost instantaneous. The three weeks and longer people are talking about is for the actual password.

If you have been waiting 4 days for the confirmation I'd be looking at starting again.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Salerno said:

For the email confirmation email it should be almost instantaneous. The three weeks and longer people are talking about is for the actual password.

If you have been waiting 4 days for the confirmation I'd be looking at starting again.

Still waiting for the "email confirmation" since Monday, yesterday I edited my submission and re-submitted, still no "email confirmation" let alone a password email. Will try starting from scratch. Hope it's possible with the same email address and home address.

13 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Good luck; setting up a new email simple enough ... new home not sou much!

No luck, it says the house address is already registered! So I don't know how to unblock the situation as it doesn't look like I'm ever going to get an 'email confirmation' message. 

Would trying to register with the app work?

Edited by sussex

6 minutes ago, sussex said:

No luck, it says the house address is already registered! So I don't know how to unblock the situation as it doesn't look like I'm ever going to get an 'email confirmation' message. 

Would trying to register with the app work?

If the property is already registered, that means the owner, landlord or previous tennants, can you contact them and ask for the current password etc

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If the property is already registered, that means the owner, landlord or previous tennants, can you contact them and ask for the current password etc

No, it was me who registered it on Monday (I got the pop up saying successful registration). BUT I never got the automatic 'confirm your email address' email so I tried registering again with a different email address, but the address is already in the system, waiting for me to confirm my email address, which I can't do! (and yes I have checked spam)

Edited by sussex

That sucks, I "think" the only way to get it sorted would be to visit the dreaded immigration office ????

The app and the website appear to be linked (as they should be, running off the same database) so no harm in trying but 99.9% definite a waste of time.

Then again, now don't laugh, if the developers had any clue whatsoever the initial registration should be deleted if not confirmed ... maybe give it a week (arbitary time, personally I'd delete after 48 hours but TiT) before heading to immi if you decide to.

Edited by Salerno
added last para

2 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

I think we should just forget about the TM30 and pay the fines when they come, it's too much of a hassle. As long as it's just money it doesn't matter.

You still have to do a TM30 when you pay the fine, so you haven't avoided anything. In busy offices it can be 3-4 hours to submit and pay the fine.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:54 PM, Peterw42 said:

You still have to do a TM30 when you pay the fine, so you haven't avoided anything. In busy offices it can be 3-4 hours to submit and pay the fine.

You have because they will not catch you each time. If they catch you once a year you make a tm30 per year instead of 50 tm30 if you traveled 50 times.

• Like 1

"TM-30s will be filed by the hotels"

I have traveled a bunch recently. Not a single hotel even asked for my passport. They saw money and that was it. Good, old-fashioned mono e mono business interaction. 

I love Thailand. 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

You have because they will not catch you each time. If they catch you once a year you make a tm30 per year instead of 50 tm30 if you traveled 50 times.

Thank you for existing!

Somebody who can actually use their God given noodle properly.