100 Baht

BKKGIRL95

One answer/excuse you will find on Thaivisa is it is only 100 baht. I do agree if the situation has the potential to be dangerous or the police or other officials are involved 100 baht or more is not to much to part with to save your own hide. What is troubling to me is so many people on here say it's only 100 baht. I think this is a disgusting advice.

100 baht may or may not be a lot of money but it does add up after a while and how many tourist/expats have to part with" only 100 baht" on a regular basis? for the Taxi drivers, shop owners, or whom ever else demands this blood money how much do they make in the course of a day? Is this advice reinforcing Thais to become more demanding and aggresive in thier persuit of "only 100 baht". Does this advice also reinforce the idea that all Falang are rich and can only contribute to Thailand as cash money cows?

I am not rich but I make good money and I earn every bit of it. I have no problem paying a fair wage for goods or services but I refuse to contribute to whiskey money for unscrupulous characters who demand that because I am "rich" they deserve a TIP. T.I.P. means To Insure Proper Service being bullied and harrassed is not proper service and I will not stand for it.

No I am not going to leave if I dislike it! I wil do whatever I can to change it.

One answer/excuse you will find on Thaivisa is it is only 100 baht. I do agree if the situation has the potential to be dangerous or the police or other officials are involved 100 baht or more is not to much to part with to save your own hide. What is troubling to me is so many people on here say it's only 100 baht. I think this is a disgusting advice.

100 baht may or may not be a lot of money but it does add up after a while and how many tourist/expats have to part with" only 100 baht" on a regular basis? for the Taxi drivers, shop owners, or whom ever else demands this blood money how much do they make in the course of a day? Is this advice reinforcing Thais to become more demanding and aggresive in thier persuit of "only 100 baht". Does this advice also reinforce the idea that all Falang are rich and can only contribute to Thailand as cash money cows?

I am not rich but I make good money and I earn every bit of it. I have no problem paying a fair wage for goods or services but I refuse to contribute to whiskey money for unscrupulous characters who demand that because I am "rich" they deserve a TIP. T.I.P. means To Insure Proper Service being bullied and harrassed is not proper service and I will not stand for it.

No I am not going to leave if I dislike it! I wil do whatever I can to change it.

And this has got WHAT exactly to do with Thai Food?

Are you looking for the cheapest place for Kao Pat Gai?

This has absolutely nothing to do with Thai food. And you must have placed it in this forum as no moderator moved it here.

As the 3rd rant this week from the OP, I think we've had plenty.

post-4641-1174197328.png