General Prawit admits 20,000 Thais die on roads annually - motorcycle death worst in world

webfact

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Ole fatty is supposed to be responsible for the police.

So what is he doing about getting them off their fat lazy a+++s and policing the roads, to try and bring that staggering number of road deaths down?

Answer... Same is always bugger all, but opening his mouth spouting cr+p.

preston man it is IMPOSSIBLE to bring down road deaths in L. O. S.....they (the drivers) just are not capable to drive, and never will be..

The so called driving TEST is a complete joke.....NONE would ever pass in the Uk....and be able to drive to Bacup, Ramsbottom, or even Blackpool....in fact anywhere.....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite being such easy targets and richly entertaining, the police are not the issue.

The Thai people who drive poorly have no respect for life. They are willing to thoughtlessly kill themselves, their family members, and people they don't even know.

Seems very un-Buddhist.

If drivers respected life the police wouldn't have such futile jobs.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:37 PM, JASON THAI said:

Child protection groups stated that in 2017 2,609 children aged 15-19 died on the roads up 30% from five years before. And 727 10 - 14 year olds also died. 

Too many children riding motorbikes under the legal age of 15 ? with no helmets & just want to show off speeding around I have seen 2 kids do this on a bike with a policeman just standing there & doing nothing, parents are not educated & think buddha will save them, parents need to be fined for allowing their children to ride motorbikes & the bikes need to be taken away by the police for good then the parents will understand once they see they have lost the bike for good & cannot get it back    

Pulling out on a 4 lane highway have to look both ways because of stupid highschool kids going the wrong way.  This is a devided highway

On 8/8/2019 at 12:21 PM, Handsome Gardener said:

A well advertised policy of crushing every bike ridden by someone without a helmet to start. No ifs no buts its gone. Then crush them anyway if they've taken the bafflers off in order to make an absurd noise. Then an MOT system to ensure they are all roadworthy - I have seen some tyres that haven't had tread in years !

Not difficult to get this sorted though like the drink drive thing in the west in can take a decade of two to sink in that's some things are not acceptable.

I saw a uniformed policeman yesterday taking his two kids to school both without a helmet !

We can grouse about it as much as we like, but we all know that there isn't even a sporting chance of anything happening!

And lying, again, Prayuth? Minimising the horrific figures while bringing these forward? Aren't these figures about the road accidents' casualties 'on the spot', excluding the large number of wounded persons dying in the ambulance or later at the hospital..., now honestly? No, sorry, wrong question for you...

On 8/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, Rocket Hawks said:

40,000 people die in car accidents per year in America. No shame or responsibility I guess in America either? 5000 people have died in mass shootings in America this year as well. No shame or responsibility??? 

In the past 48hrs in America, the USA horrifically lost 34 people to mass shootings.

On average, across any 48hrs in America, they also lose…

500 to Medical errors

300 to the Flu

250 to Suicide

200 to Car Accidents

40 to Homicide via Handguns

Give the Thailand-bashing a rest. In the years I’ve been here in Thailand, I’ve never seen a car accident, I’ve never seen a death, I’ve never seen a violent crime committed, I’ve never seen anything that bad at all here in Thailand. Nothing compared to the amount of carnage and crime I saw regularly while living in California, USA. Thailand is super tame and frankly, super boring. Nothing exciting ever happens here in Thailand. Pick up the LA Times and read the crime section to see what I’m talking about. You won’t believe what you’re reading is actually real life in America. “Man found cooked alive in Bumblebee Tuna Oven”, “Well Respected Businessman Carried out Quadruple Homicide after discovering wife sleeping with Midget”, “Chinese Man Sledgehammered to death over Ginseng dispute”, “Golden State Serial Killer Caught, thought to have killed over 40 women”, etc...We don’t get headlines like this in Thailand. Thailand is boring.

You need to check your information this year little over 1000 people injured in mass shootings of those around 250 died no where near 5000 

On 8/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, Rocket Hawks said:

Keyword being motorcycle deaths. If you have a car in Thailand, it’s one of the safest countries in the world. I did the math last year here on TV showing why this is the case but I’m too tired to do it again right now. 

It’s actually far mar dangerous to drive a car in America where you have draconian traffic laws. Purely by the numbers, your odds of getting in a car accident are much higher in America than they are in Thailand. This is for a variety of reasons but mostly due to the fact that cars are less prevalent in Thailand due to their extreme cost. A very basic $22k Mercedes in the US will cost you $90k here in Thailand for example. Cars are too expensive for “most” Thais, hence why you have such a high motorcycle density in Thailand and thus more motorcycle deaths. It makes sense that you would have more motorcycle deaths in a country where most of your population is driving a motorcycle right? VS in the US, almost no one drives a motorcycle. Hence death by motorcycle is relatively low.

Point being, if you stick to cars, Thailand is one of the safest places to drive in the world. Not only do they drive absurdly slow here compared to the US and Europe but your only competition on the road is motorcycles and small vehicles. You’re not having to go head to head with huge SUVS and Semis doing 100mph on a freeway.

Quite a few people ride motorcycles in the US of course you have to take a written test and a riding test you have to be over 16 or at least 40 years ago you did to get a license

Archived