Meeting with immigration about TM30 and the latest news about the petition

6 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

This is my situation too, condo with the landlord living elsewhere. She seems to want nothing to do with the TM30 situation at all - as possessor can I file on my own behalf with nothing more than my rental contract? And would this be possible through the app? 

Last December 2018, I filed for an extension. My landlord had not filed a TM-30. When I submitted my extension paperwork, the IO asked me for the TM-30 receipt and when I couldnt produce same, she sent me over to file one. No biggy.

So y'all keep arguing over Thai semantics, this foreigner is going to roll over to CW when he moves into his new condo and file a TM-30. Alls cool then. There was a brew pub called Turtle Beer about 3 miles up the road (1 km past the Sirat) maybe I'll stop there.

Why do you guys make such a big deal of these annoying rules? Its thier country, their rules, adapt or leave and they arent going to change them just for you. So ya got to take a road trip to Immi once in a while, big deal. You think their paperwork is bad, try to get a  US K1 for your fiancee that you met on Soi 6 in Pattaya.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Last December 2018, I filed for an extension. My landlord had not filed a TM-30. When I submitted my extension paperwork, the IO asked me for the TM-30 receipt and when I couldnt produce same, she sent me over to file one. No biggy.

I've no need to apply for an extension or even visit immigration anytime soon, so I'd only be looking at doing this via the app. This is solely a question about eliminating landlord involvement in the process, and whether I can register and file as possessor using the rental contract only. I see no point in showing up at CW to pay them a fine voluntarily when I have no other reason to go there.

On a side note, I had my 90 day report accepted and the receipt returned last week with no mention of the TM30, so no idea if they've got one on file or not. I've certainly never been asked for one in the past two decades. 

To make the tm30 reporting process as simple as possible I would do it as follow:

1.) Download a tm30 form. This form has 2 Pages. The first page is the tm30 form itself and the second page is to write down all the person's you have to report.

2.) Make as many copies of this form along with copies of your rental contract as you think you ever will need. 

3.) Fill in the tm30 page and list all person's you have to report on the second page. At the last column of the second page fill in the status of all person's you report. For your own list item, because you do the report, fill in "house master in the state as renter" or similar similar. The best would a verbatim copy of the therm the used in the translated art.4 of the immigration act of the description of house master. I Not have the actual wording the use with me while writing this here.

4.) Sign the copy of the rental contract as "copy correct, date, sign".

5.) Prepare e return envelope with your address as receiver as written in the tm30 already.

6.) Affix a 3 THB postage stamp on it

7.) Make copies of this whole set of paper as evidence.

8.) Bring it to a post office and send it by registered mail to your concerned immigration and keep the registration slip from the post office along with the copies you made before.

9.) Wait for the tm30 receipt slip they have to send to you by using the return envelope.

2nd Method:

Step 1-4 the same as above.

5.) Bring it to your nearest police station to process it and keep the receipt slip of the tm30 form.

Do it as often you feel you should do it.

Edited by schlemmi
Additional text