PM Prayut did not apologize over oath-taking controversy – government spokeswoman

webfact

1 hour ago, d2b2 said:

Do you really think the government won't spend the next four years (as they did the last 5) laying plans to "win" an election that has , once again, a predetermined outcome? Less a cornerstone of democracy than a barrier wall preventing it. 

Yes, I do. But as we all know, the people will not tolerate that, and it creates a new election instead by another coup. It doesn´t matter if he applogizes 10 times. Too many people die in traffic anyway. The minimum wages are too low anyway. The police force will not get reformed because of that. Thai children will not have a better education out of his appology. The only thing I said from start was that there are more important things.

Let him swear again and get over with it.

13 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, I do. But as we all know, the people will not tolerate that, and it creates a new election instead by another coup. It doesn´t matter if he applogizes 10 times. Too many people die in traffic anyway. The minimum wages are too low anyway. The police force will not get reformed because of that. Thai children will not have a better education out of his appology. The only thing I said from start was that there are more important things.

There's a reason it hasn't already happened. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

It may be a precursor of what will happen from what she said: He will take all responsibility for all matters related to the constitution. So technically as he did not administer the oath, he is still under amnesty and the old Junta school rules if he wants to take it that way and readjust the constitution to fit him. 

His amnestry is revoked by a higher power. There lays the problem 

• Like 1

Three thoughts:
While you have your foot stable ontop of a landmine it will not explode, it is only when you lift your foot that it goes bang. He is standing on a landmine that he laid himself.

The country is only on the surface stable, underneath anger and hate is building up.

Do you prefer an oppressive stable regime with zero transparency. Or an regime that are atleast voted in under a fair and people orientated consitution.

I am not a fan either, but it is like it is. For the stability of the country and one step at the time for restoring democracy, I do believe they have to let the small things be and focus on the important instead. So, if he gets to sit this period. There might be a change for the next. That´s the cornerstone democracy is built on.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The Thai people have been pretty complacent so far

"adding that details about those matters would be available to the media at a later date."

Once they've figured out how to properly word the explanations to best substantiate

their claims :closedeyes:

10 hours ago, Reigntax said:

His amnestry is revoked by a higher power. There lays the problem 

Not if the government is not officially indoctrinated under the real rules. And technically they are not so it falls under the old criteria. So in laymen's terms, it is essentially void and he can do as he pleases.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:01 AM, bluesofa said:

but if there's a chance he can be hounded out of office by loss of face, then I'm all for it.

Who, then, would be your first pick as replacement PM? Second choice? And third?

Just curious as to those you admire. Oh, not necessary they would even want to be PM -- just want a feel for your dislike of Prayut's abilities in comparison to other PM potentials.

• Confused 1