Extremely loud market - south Pattaya / kao talo

tinribzzz

I posted about this a year or so ago but it's a recurring problem. On the part where Sukhumvit road meets Khao Talo there is a market that pops up every so often. They have a mini concert but the volume is literally so intrusive to the point the windows are shaking on the condo. This recent concert has seemed to go on for over a week now, some nights it's going on to past midnight. I've tired 1337 but doesn't seem to much, are there any other suggestions and is anyone else effected by this? Would like to start being able to sleep before 1am at some point again soon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

ear plugs or stay up later or go along to the concert, TBH 1AM is not very late for Pattaya.

It isn't really Pattaya though is it? It is well away from the Beach Rd and the Entertainment Zones. Purely a Thai/local thing and hard to 'control'. Even complaining would have it's risks. I live a little more rural and there are various 'events' throughout the year, that usually last a week and the only option becomes to go there myself (not something I would enjoy), or put on the ear defenders.

A complaint to local police or administration is about all one can do. 

7 hours ago, tinribzzz said:

I've tired 1337 but doesn't seem to much, are there any other suggestions

1337 is pretty useless as all they do is call the police who generally do nothing.

You could try calling 1111 but that may not help much either.

Your best bet is to see the public health department at City Hall. Go in person with proper written details of when the noise stops and starts, and preferably with a Thai speaker. Be polite. They are the people who are supposed to deal with this sort of complaint and they will look into it. But as the market probably has a licence from Banglamung district there may not be much they can do.

Another option would be to get your condo management involved, especially if other residents are being disturbed. Get management to make a written complaint to Banglamung district licensing on behalf of residents.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. It seems this will continue to the 16th, tempted to get a hotel for the next few nights.

What's made it worse this time round is I've been struck with a bout of food poisoning and the lack of sleep doesn't help! TIT I guess.

15 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

TBH 1AM is not very late for Pattaya.

Unfortunately true. Completely lawless.

Lived a few days in a hotel overlooking an area towards 3rd road a bit south of city hospital.

Some Thai karaoke place off 3rd road starting 10 PM and finishing after sunrise covering the whole neighbor hood. Big bikers testing max rev. in the morning.
Every night. People living close by.

I hear bar noise every night and complained and complained and installed expensive windows and always sleep in addition to it with earplugs. It doesn't help you and it doesn't help me but I never ever would buy a condo here in Pattaya again. There is no zoning and so no guarantee that you will not get disturbed one day. I could open a bar next to your condo and drive you crazy with noise every night. Not much will happen to me but you will lose your investment. And many condominiums are used as hotels. If you have bad luck Tour groups will check in and out in the middle of the night. Also the rooms might be used by party tourists. Understandable because they are here on holiday.