Back in the UK after 10 years in Thailand

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

just wait till winter comes around,and you are huddled in front of a candle ,to save

on Electric,

Just asked me Mum , She says it costs about 4 Pound a day to keep the central heating running at 17 degrees all day and it would cost similar to keep an aircon running in Thailand at 17 degrees all day .

Anyway , I prefer not to have any heating or aircon on and I just adjust to whatever the temperature is  , although I prefer cold to hot .

I can walk around in the cold weather and get hot , I cannot walk around in the hot weather and get cold 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Just asked me Mum , She says it costs about 4 Pound a day to keep the central heating running at 17 degrees all day and it would cost similar to keep an aircon running in Thailand at 17 degrees all day .

Anyway , I prefer not to have any heating or aircon on and I just adjust to whatever the temperature is  , although I prefer cold to hot .

I can walk around in the cold weather and get hot , I cannot walk around in the hot weather and get cold 

Your Mum will make sure your well wrapped up ,before you venture out in the cold,

Have a nice day,it will soon be Christmas.

regards Worgeordie

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Your Mum will make sure your well wrapped up ,before you venture out in the cold,

Have a nice day,it will soon be Christmas.

regards Worgeordie

I set my aircon to 28c at night, 17c would be bloody freezing.

Last months leccy bill in Thailand 1,032bht.

My last winter in the UK I paid 500 pounds for a tank of heating oil.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

Look back at the timeframe between post #451 and #452, 2 weeks. It’s obvious after 2 weeks of no comments Sanemax post has died. However he appears to be bored in the U.K. by trying to his give his OP some CPR. He’s just trolling in a feeble attempt to justify is move back to the U.K. with his tail between his legs. 

My two weeks of non posting was beyond my control and I have since  replied to posts when I was able to post  

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I agree with him, it's easier to get scammed with cards than to get robbed of cash, industry likes cards, especially credit cards because people using them tend to overspend.

I have never been scammed, but I have been robbed of cash.

I have also lost cards and cash.... the former cost me nothing, the latter cost me EUR 500.

I doubt that your statement holds up to too much scrutiny.

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am in the UK because I prefer it here .

If I wanted to go to Thailand  , I would go .

Theres nothing stopping me from going to Thailand .

Not sure why theres such an amount of animosity from some of you guys.

Maybe you think that its every westerners dream to live in Thailand and you dont like being told that that isnt the case .

Yes you were living the dream , the dream that slowly turned into a nightmare

Still living the dream after 14+ years in LOS. Enjoy your relocation back to your home place. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, sanemax said:

There is a HMPO office in London , so no awkward trips  , but they seem solely there for emergency applications .

You are encouraged to do the application on line and its very easy , you can even take your own photo with a camera and upload it and they crop the photo for you .

Just fill out the online form, post your old PP back and then send the new PP within 2 weeks , (although 6 weeks is the given time ) and you can track your application online 

You can also fill in forms and take to post office who for a small fee will check it and send off for you,I got mine back in a week,

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

There is a HMPO office in London , so no awkward trips  , but they seem solely there for emergency applications .

You are encouraged to do the application on line and its very easy , you can even take your own photo with a camera and upload it and they crop the photo for you .

Just fill out the online form, post your old PP back and then send the new PP within 2 weeks , (although 6 weeks is the given time ) and you can track your application online 

You are presumably referring to Globe House near Victoria Station. My sister last renewed her passport there a few years ago with the "same day" premium service.

We can, of course, only dream of a similarly efficient and hassle-free renewal service being introduced out here. In the meantime I am already planning a trip to the UK in 3-4 years time, which just happens to coincide with my next passport renewal.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And living with mom apparently. Epic fail.

Utterly ridiculous thing to say. It's 2 grown up's living together. So he should go live on his own (while leaving his mum on her own) and pay a load of dough in rent just so he can puff his chest out and down the pub and say 'I'm not living with Mam'?? And this from a poster who says he would go back to the UK 'in a flash' if he had somewhere to stay or if he could afford it.

Sounds like someone is envious.

Edited by Khon Kaen Jeff
  • Confused 1
16 hours ago, faraday said:

Looking after your Mum; clearly you're a good bloke.

????

Thanks  , not only am I keeping an eye on her , I also pay her 20 quid a week to pay my way .

And I have to cook my own food and if I have some left over , I give it to her as well .

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1
On 8/10/2019 at 2:50 AM, RichardColeman said:

And it's lovely and cool at the minute without having to have the air con on or the fan on full.

I'm currently back in the uk, living on trifle, pork pies and english sausages  - the veg can wait until i get back to thailand next month.

I came back last autumn . I guarantee you'll be so happy when the trees start to change in a month or so and your lungs fill with those damp leaves

no thanks i leave uk when it gets to december and come back in may 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I would have to check my currency calculator.  In all my years I never quite caught on to the British pound, quid, sterling, pence etc.

26 Pence for 500 ML of water ?Many UK convenience stores have 1.5 L of mineral water for 50 P and the bigger supermarkets have 2 litres for 17 pence . Four times the amount of water for nearly half the price

• Like 2