Free visa will woo Chinese/Indians as Yuan fall creates more tourism woes

rooster59

6 hours ago, madmen said:

This is a TV myth that is endlessly repeated until it becomes fact. Master card gave out stats last year showing Chinese are in fact good Spender's

I'm surprised the Chinese have Mastercard, would have though the bosses would have banned it like Google and Facebook.

6 hours ago, madmen said:

This is a TV myth that is endlessly repeated until it becomes fact. Master card gave out stats last year showing Chinese are in fact good Spender's

Agreed...infact many Chinese have MORE money to spend then your average Brit..German..or Aussie..!!

Hans

The Yuan will suffer the same fate as all of our currencies. This will drive away zero dollar tourists in droves or tour guide mafia will push them into subpar accommodation which will get bad reviews and feedback loop.

Meanwhile, Chinese banking system is literally in turmoil as is housing both related to slumping economy and BAD DEBT. This cannot be good for condo market.

Chinese economy is gonna get rocked by tarrifs as well as when they overreact to save face.

I think Chinese tourism will become more discerning and seasonal. Same with India where a trip to Thailand must be crushingly expensive. The rupee is in sad shape.

If I were sitting on bot board I'd be creating major investment packages for northeast, south and to throughly renovate Bangkok infrastructure and step up commitment and deadlines for mass transit. Print the money, helicopter it in and that will weaken the currency. The spending should be run thru international accounting firms.

Pass a law also that buildings even if vacant must look clean and tidy. I'm so sick of the nation's capital looking like a slum. Jobs for cleaners, painters, maintenance and cops.

Edited by Number 6

21 hours ago, Hans007 said:

Chinese people will go else were...and they allready do!! Mainly Vietnam..Indonesia,The Philipines and Cambodia. Chinese with a bit more money to spend go to Europe,Japan or to the US.

Chinese tourists are not stupid. Apparently the Thai "government" is...!

Hows that?

Hans.

As another poster stated about Indonesia but they might go to Bali in small numbers. Despite all the ethnic Chinese in Vietnam and trade that is a rocky relationship. They've been halted from going to Taiwan. Borocay is closed Phils is dangerous not going there.

United States (?)

Japan and Korea

They might go to ...

Siem Reap

Singapore

Bagan

With all that going against the other countries and in Thailand's favor, numbers still down.