Traffic police face transfer if they don't know the law

rooster59

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

A question where 100% will fail: is it ok to see a 12 years old kid without helmet on a motorcycle and let it pass because it`s raining/you are drunk/you are hungry/you know the parents?

... With a cooking pot on his head, no mirrors, and three friends riding along down the shoulder on the wrong side?

23 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Here's one for them .. Bike ( with bald tyres ) approaches carrying 5 people .. None are wearing helmets but one does have a plastic bag on head , all are on the phone and a dog is steering .. Does traffic officer 

1  Book , fine and admonish them all for being utterly irresponsible .. 

2  Have a laugh and a joke about the bag helmet and dog steering before sending 'em on their way with a smile and wai .. 

3  look up from his smartphone as Mia-noi's , farcebook and candy crush are quite important also you know .. 

There's probably a few other scenarios that could be applicable .. 

Whats the correct answer? But I do have the answer sheet for the BIB traffic test if they want to buy it.

23 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Tourist Police perhaps

But they aren't thai police ...

I was never a policeman when working ;

I was an instructor of social behavior on the road;
my job was not to teach young drivers the laws and regulations concerning road traffic but to make them understand the risks they took and made others take by not following the marking on the ground and on road signs ;
Knowing how to drive is good, but knowing how to drive on the road is better;
When I drove in the UK at the wheel of my 38 tons I very often noticed that British drivers knew how to behave, paid attention to other users; it's a question of education and it pays,
When in France there were still 8,000 dead on the roads, in the UK there were only 3,000 for a comparable population. ( the 80s )
On top of that I worked in close cooperation with the French National Police as IDSR;
Almost all departments in France have this service

http://www.marne.gouv.fr/Politiques-publiques/Securite-routiere/Les-intervenants-departementaux-de-securite-routiere-IDSR/Devenir-intervenant-departemental-de-securite-routiere-IDSR

Our role was to work on the procedures of the fatal accidents which had occurred in our department, in this case Paris intra muros;
This is how we often found inconsistencies in these procedures, and so we took out many of the users who were declared responsible, who were not in fact wrong.

15 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

But they aren't thai police ...

I was never a policeman when working ;

I was an instructor of social behavior on the road;
my job was not to teach young drivers the laws and regulations concerning road traffic but to make them understand the risks they took and made others take by not following the marking on the ground and on road signs ;
Knowing how to drive is good, but knowing how to drive on the road is better;
When I drove in the UK at the wheel of my 38 tons I very often noticed that British drivers knew how to behave, paid attention to other users; it's a question of education and it pays,
When in France there were still 8,000 dead on the roads, in the UK there were only 3,000 for a comparable population. ( the 80s )
On top of that I worked in close cooperation with the French National Police as IDSR;
Almost all departments in France have this service

http://www.marne.gouv.fr/Politiques-publiques/Securite-routiere/Les-intervenants-departementaux-de-securite-routiere-IDSR/Devenir-intervenant-departemental-de-securite-routiere-IDSR

Our role was to work on the procedures of the fatal accidents which had occurred in our department, in this case Paris intra muros;
This is how we often found inconsistencies in these procedures, and so we took out many of the users who were declared responsible, who were not in fact wrong.

Commendable indeed but this is neither the UK nor France, nor will Thailand ever accept training on road safety or Thai driving laws from a foreign nation, so as the subject matter is about Thai traffic police being transferred how does your post actual offer anything ?

2 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Commendable indeed but this is neither the UK nor France, nor will Thailand ever accept training on road safety from a foreign nation, so as the subject matter is about Thai traffic police being transferred how does your post actual offer anything ?

They took notice of farangs to get kids out of caves....

30 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

so as the subject matter is about Thai traffic police being transferred how does your post actual offer anything ?

I give as an example what is done in France and certainly in other Western countries for many years;
Thailand only remains to do the same;
for example, to require all vehicles over 3 tons 500 and all coaches and minibuses to be equipped with a digital tachograph;
compulsory mine clearance every year for heavy goods vehicles and every six months for coaches and minibuses;
so we will stop to see on the roads of Thailand antiquites that even I did not drive 50 years ago ...
Etc.
If the Thai government wants to put into practice what it regularly announces for ages without ever doing anything, it has work ...

5 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

I give as an example what is done in France and certainly in other Western countries for many years;
Thailand only remains to do the same;
for example, to require all vehicles over 3 tons 500 and all coaches and minibuses to be equipped with a digital tachograph;
compulsory mine clearance every year for heavy goods vehicles and every six months for coaches and minibuses;
so we will stop to see on the roads of Thailand antiquites that even I did not drive 50 years ago ...
Etc.
If the Thai government wants to put into practice what it regularly announces for ages without ever doing anything, it has work ...

Unfortunately I can not see the this current Thai "government" putting anything  in place replicating Western standards ?

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

Unfortunately I can not see the this current Thai "government" putting anything  in place replicating Western standards ?

They haven't for the last 50 years  -  what makes you expect that they would now ?

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

They haven't for the last 50 years  -  what makes you expect that they would now ?

I don't expect it , couldn't you understand my comment ? And this current Thai "government" has not been in place for 50 years either. And it is this current government that made the statement pertaining to transfer of officers, not any previous governments, hence my comments are in the context of the OPs statement.

35 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

And this current Thai "government" has not been in place for 50 years either.

I think you are wrong ...

1932 until now, how many years have you been?
87 years that the military hold absolute power over Siam become Thailand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Thailand

19 military coups since 1932 and the next will be announced ..:neus:

2 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

I think you are wrong ...

1932 until now, how many years have you been?
87 years that the military hold absolute power over Siam become Thailand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Thailand

48 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

And this current Thai "government" has not been in place for 50 years either.

2 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

19 military coups since 1932 and the next will be announced ..:neus:

OK , I thought the election of this current government was March the 26th this year, but if you say it was elected in 1932 I have to ask, what are you drinking because it seems good ?  ????????????

5 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

OK , I thought the election of this current government

Who's talking about elections?
You are the only one here to believe that there were elections a few months ago ...

I write and repeat it;
since 1932 all successive governments have been puppet governments.

And when a billionaire tries to give a few milligrams of power to the people he has been turned manu militari.

11 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Who's talking about elections?
You are the only one here to believe that there were elections a few months ago ...

I write and repeat it;
since 1932 all successive governments have been puppet governments.

And when a billionaire tries to give a few milligrams of power to the people he has been turned manu militari.

Well I was attempting to keep on subject.  But as you prefer not to let me directly answer to this post of yours, with apologies to everyone.

Second para.  I said there was an election which is a fact. I did not voice an opinion in my previous post that it was obviously rigged

Penultimate para. Agreed,

Ultimate para.  Agreed but with a caveat that whilst all the absolutely corrupt government regimes since 2006, (with the exception of Yingluck's)  the 30 baht health care scheme he introduced is about the only thing that those subsequent governments have not voided (yet).

Best revert to the subject matter from now on I think.

thailand ...   send people to police other people without testing their knowledge

but this is why there is so much crap on every level in this country 

best person for a job, or the one with the most connections ...

buy your promotion that you can finance with extra activities

On 8/10/2019 at 12:48 PM, Cadbury said:

Tourist Police perhaps where their previous training, although proven worthless, can be used to advantage in controlling and keeping a watchful eye on tourists and farang expats in general.

They can still be in positions to make valuable contributions to the Police Retirement Fund.

Comment  no. 1 attempting to re enforce the concept  that all  focus  is on  "farang" at all  times.

Get a life.

The only aspect of the topic worth comment is that members of the RTP  who  fail a reasonable knowledge of the law they are  supposed  to enforce will be transferred into another sector  which they are even less likely to know the law of enforcement.

It is the combination of this that is  pertinent to  all people in Thailand in the fact that they are subjected  to and are victims  of a  policing administration that is bogus overall albeit they do perform some beneficial functions.

Despite that I have been less  victim in Thailand than I ever was in  Brazil to the Federal Police there. And there they never smile at all while they polish a revolver on their well pressed trousers!

Archived