Recent married extension in Hua Hin

19 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Non IM Type O visa is very easy. I have 6 year of consecutive Type O visas in my passports. All you need is some copies and your wife doesn't even have to be there with you....

Is this for 1 year?

3 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

But, like I said earlier, on my first extension application they called in the "sponsor" and interrogated her.

What would they interrogate her about, are they not there to just confirm they have seen you there?

9 hours ago, UKresonant said:

What would they interrogate her about, are they not there to just confirm they have seen you there?

They ask stuff  like "how  long have you  known Mr-Mrs xyz" we actually got a  couple  sitting waiting for their  own visa to "pretend"  to  know us as what they also DONT  tell you ( one  of many things) is the sponsor must come from YOUR same province where you  live.

We didnt  know anyone around here at that time 6  years  ago. Married 14  years..seems  like eternity.

6 hours ago, gunderhill said:

They ask stuff  like "how  long have you  known Mr-Mrs xyz" we actually got a  couple  sitting waiting for their  own visa to "pretend"  to  know us as what they also DONT  tell you ( one  of many things) is the sponsor must come from YOUR same province where you  live.

We didnt  know anyone around here at that time 6  years  ago. Married 14  years..seems  like eternity.

That's right, the "sponsor" must be from the same province, and they ask questions like "How do you know them", "How long?", Where do they live", "Have you been there", etc

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Is this for 1 year?

Maybe we are talking about different visas. The one I was referring to was 1 Year, multi entry Non-Imm type O.

This you get from Thai consulate abroad, and theoretically will allow you to stay 15 months, but have to do visa runs every 90 days.