Recent married extension in Hua Hin

Last week I went to Hua Hin immigration to apply for my yearly married extension. This was my second, out of five, that went without any dramas. Oddly enough, both were done by the same IO.

It was confirmed to me that they now require copy of ID and TabienBaan of a Thai sponsor that knows you, with every application. Typically your neighbour or PooYai.

The IO said, with a smile, that this year we cannot snap a picture on the Immigration sofa, and he'll have to visit us. He said that was orders from the Hua Hin Immigration big boss. He wasn't too happy about it as it's a 2.5 hours drive each way.

I also noticed that they have a special window on the ground floor for TM30 reports.

Edited by SpaceKadet
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gamini said:

So you really don't want to take much notice of all the rubbish that is written on this forum about visas and difficulties. As long as you qualify for the requirements and have all your papers in order there are never any problems

You obviously go to a IO that is nice and friendly. They're not all the same and are inconsistent regarding the paperwork each year. Well that's the one I come under. They seem to come up with a different problem each year. And there's always an alternative to the problem in the form of money. My last visit my money, for a year extension, hadn't quite seasoned. Nothing that a 60 day extension wouldn't put right costing 1,900. IO quite openly asked my missus for 15,000 to overlook the seasoning period.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DavetheGreek said:

Did the Thai sponsor have to attend immigration with you?

No. Signed copy of ID and TabienBaan was enough this time and on my previous year.

But, like I said earlier, on my first extension application they called in the "sponsor" and interrogated her.

3 hours ago, gamini said:

I had always heard getting a marriage Visa was a real hassle. But due to the new financial requirements of the retirement extension I went for the marriage one.  We did it in Hua Hin and it was really very fast and very simple. Only had to keep 400 K in the bank for two months. We brought along a friend as a witness. Three passport photos were required and the pictures of the house had to be in colour. All were friendly all very nice and helpful. I didn't even have to go back one month later to pick up the visa. A friend of mine was able to this. So you really don't want to take much notice of all the rubbish that is written on this forum about visas and difficulties. As long as you qualify for the requirements and have all your papers in order there are never any problems

I have qualified and had my papers in order every year. Yet 3 out of 5 so far, gave me hassle. The first one was probably the worst. The IO was very rude and condescending, wife was ready to bottle him....

Fortunately, they got rid of him on on our next application.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 12:56 PM, SpaceKadet said:

I also noticed that they have a special window on the ground floor for TM30 reports.

Ive use this  office for the last 6  years, always  found them pretty  good  except for the first extension (marriage)\

Did they actually  ask for a TM30? Ive never  done one yet.  Or did you already have one anyway, I have a  yellow  book and always been here and this year like you for the first time they had to come visit  us.

19 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I have qualified and had my papers in order every year. Yet 3 out of 5 so far, gave me hassle. The first one was probably the worst. The IO was very rude and condescending, wife was ready to bottle him....

Fortunately, they got rid of him on on our next application.

sounds  like  the  git  i  met  the  first  time,  he  left  about 12-18  months  ago,  said  he  had  an  English school  or  summat?

7 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Its  NOT  all  rubbish it  just seems  Hua  Hin are very good at being  decent.

please lets not talk about hua hin immigration. i don't want everyone to know.

and anyone reading this, don't come to hua hin. it is a horrible place.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You obviously go to a IO that is nice and friendly. They're not all the same and are inconsistent regarding the paperwork each year. Well that's the one I come under. They seem to come up with a different problem each year. And there's always an alternative to the problem in the form of money. My last visit my money, for a year extension, hadn't quite seasoned. Nothing that a 60 day extension wouldn't put right costing 1,900. IO quite openly asked my missus for 15,000 to overlook the seasoning period.

are you in hua hin?

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

please lets not talk about hua hin immigration. i don't want everyone to know.

and anyone reading this, don't come to hua hin. it is a horrible place.

Sorry yes  youre  right I was  waterboarded several times  just after the  public  flogging then nailed to a  cross..................dont come here , I was  lucky to get out alive

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ivor bigun said:

I wouldnt say its horrible,but after spending some time there,i would not want to live thereemoji846.png

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No NO it is , its  really bad ,  vile place spotted some weirdo wandering down the beach with a bird on each arm and 2  on his  back had T shirt on with Kirks  face on it and he was wearing pointy ears?

Anyway its bad I mean real bad, and the smell..........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I how you retorted them to the appropriate authorities?

I'm amazed at how many don't, and then complain about the corruption.

24 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Ive use this  office for the last 6  years, always  found them pretty  good  except for the first extension (marriage)\

Did they actually  ask for a TM30? Ive never  done one yet.  Or did you already have one anyway, I have a  yellow  book and always been here and this year like you for the first time they had to come visit  us.

They didn't ask. In my case I had one already stapled in my passport. They made one for me during last year application and I haven't been outside the country since.

Neither did they ask for a copy of my Yellow TabienBaan or PinkID.

The IO that processed my application came to visit us yesterday to snap some pics. He was very nice and polite and appologised that he kept us waiting for him the whole day.

1 minute ago, SpaceKadet said:

They didn't ask. In my case I had one already stapled in my passport. They made one for me during last year application and I haven't been outside the country since.

Neither did they ask for a copy of my Yellow TabienBaan or PinkID.

The IO that processed my application came to visit us yesterday to snap some pics. He was very nice and polite and appologised that he kept us waiting for him the whole day.

Was he the fairly  young  one?although to be honest the older guy is  just as good (sorry bad for NCC) Its about 50  minutes for them for me and this year was the first time theyve ever  been.

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Just wondering if the length of time married is an issue. 

I can understand someone married for 6 months being under suspicion, but not someone married for 30 years having to take a photo, needing a witness etc.

We've been married for 21 years. Spent most of that time outside Thailand. Came back 6 years ago to retire.

2 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Was he the fairly  young  one?although to be honest the older guy is  just as good (sorry bad for NCC) Its about 50  minutes for them for me and this year was the first time theyve ever  been.

Yes, he was fairly young. We are 2.5 hour away driving each way. They don't really want to visit us, as it's far, and they have to do it on their own time. but now this seems to be the new rules. He visited yesterday, which was a Saturday. Don't know if they intend to do it next year.

There were 3 desks that were manned when I was was there. The youngish IO that processed my application, the fat older woman that can be a real B.... and a young girl that I haven't seen there before. Plus some staff in the back office. One checked my application papers before she gave me a number.

30 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Just wondering if the length of time married is an issue. 

I can understand someone married for 6 months being under suspicion, but not someone married for 30 years having to take a photo, needing a witness etc.

Maybe after 30 year you have change mind ????

How much did you gift him for using his? gas and his own time to come to your house, that they so politely tell you ...and so politely treat you ...this time??

Notice difference when tip, gift is going to be asked, expected, whatever ....

5 hours ago, gamini said:

I had always heard getting a marriage Visa was a real hassle. But due to the new financial requirements of the retirement extension I went for the marriage one.  We did it in Hua Hin and it was really very fast and very simple. Only had to keep 400 K in the bank for two months. We brought along a friend as a witness. Three passport photos were required and the pictures of the house had to be in colour. All were friendly all very nice and helpful. I didn't even have to go back one month later to pick up the visa. A friend of mine was able to this. So you really don't want to take much notice of all the rubbish that is written on this forum about visas and difficulties. As long as you qualify for the requirements and have all your papers in order there are never any problems

Agree a lot of drama out of nothing. One YouTube channel continues to drum up drama about visas, the Thai baht, how you can not survive on less than $3,000 USD a month otherwise you are living in a old wood shack without power and running water and eating packaged noodles three meals a day, all expats but him and his loyal cult followers are old raisin faced old  sex mongers married to hookers living in Issan etc. The visa drama is just that mostly drama. Had my Type O visa renewed and it was very easy with zero problems.

37 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

... Had my Type O visa renewed and it was very easy with zero problems.

Non IM Type O visa is very easy. I have 6 year of consecutive Type O visas in my passports. All you need is some copies and your wife doesn't even have to be there with you....