Marraige Evidence For Settlement Visa

hi i am from the uk.i plan to marry my thai girlfriend in may, i am aware that me and my girlfriend need to provide evidence to prove we are not currently in another marriage and presently single in order to make the marraige above board and legal. where can i obtain my copy of this proof in the uk? or do i need a copy from the embassy in bangkok???

I do know you will need a 'freedom to marry certificate' from the british embassy in BKK .Unless of course things have changed yet again.

I cant say for sure what you will need to prove that you HAVN'T married before,is there any?? good question.

With my wife she provided proof of her divorce and also proof from her ex's employer. Thai Police.

When our settlement visa had already been granted we married a week later (embassy advice-better to marry in thailand she said) anyway was married in a registry office(what laugh that was) got the documents in Thai translated to english copies of our marriage certificate then done the traditional Thai wedding in the village with family(fantastic jolly up) added all the pictures and Embassy staff accepted it all and changed the visa there and then to spouse with no hassle.

Regarding proof that you and future wife are not currently married,I cannot remember .

thinking about it there is something its like an electrol roll type document it names all the family members, kids,DOB etc oh Im sorry cant think what its call.

Good luck with this,Ill ask the wife later.

Delboy

remembered something else.

before the registry office would marry us I had to get an Immigration clearance cert.

The immigration people check me out on their national computer to make sure that I was not a Gary Glitter or was not a convicted crim or on the run.

They did try to make us wait awhile for it tho,but a few quid under the table sorted it.

Do this process still happen??

delboy