Farang-farang Relationship

JemJem

Hi, guys. I am a gay farang based in Bangkok. I, myself, would like to have a steady long-term relationship with a farang gay guy but unfortunately the guys I come across here seem to be after Thai guys only. I mean, it is understandable. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here. They have possibly chosen to be here because they fancy Thai guys, which is understandable.

Don't get me wrong. It is not a discriminating thing that I prefer to have a farang boyfriend. I mean, actually I don't rule out being with a Thai guy. But, the main thing is I prefer guys older than me (I am in my mid-thirties) and I am yet to come across a Thai guy in his forties or fifties, who is gay !!! I mean of course there must be such guys but I haven't met one who is openly gay or known to be gay. By the way it is also sad that many gay guys here choose to get married (mostly after reaching 30-35) due to society/family pressures.

I guess another reason I prefer to have a non-Thai boyfriend is that I don't want the guy to have a 'homecourt advantage' :o

I don't know what you guys think on this. I am sure there are guys here who feel similar to what I feel.

Regards,

Jem

Jem: I have seen very few farang, straight or gay, in Thailand that I found attractive. Perhaps it is because I lived in Southern California, that has a preponderance of super-attractive men, perhaps due to the entertainment industry. (Present company excluded, of course)

Generalizations are dangerous, so it is difficult to speak of any group of people accurately. Older men who like younger men might be a perponderance in Thailand. Fat, Older, Unattractive men who like younger men may well be a perponderance in Thailand.

However, looking for the exceptional, why not just get "out there" and don't assume any man who attracts you has a bais for Thais.

I have always favored a mass media approach to finding mates as far less time consuming and less expensive.

Thus gay.com chat room with a clear banner as to what you are looking for will give you the broadest exposure. A nice picture helps. Don't be shy of what you want and what you don't or you will be deluged with Thais who are after a farang.

Why not go to Balcony or Telephone and just cruise any farang that turns you on. Let him know you want HIM, can't hurt. After all, rejection implies acceptance first, so you won't be truly rejected if there is no response.

The conventional wisdom, of course, if if you are interested in older men, you should be in Palm Springs, California, not Bangkok. There are so many wealthy older men in Palm Springs, why not go into gay.com chat room PalmSprings. They will come to you here in Bangkok, if you hit it off with one of them.

I can't believe, there aren't gay guys assigned to BKK by large international conglomerates who who prefer another farang. I recall at least two in gay.com recently. Annonimity is available there, if you don't post a picture, but in your tag line visible with your screen name better sell, sell, sell, if there is no pic.

I responded to my love in that forum, he had no pic, but his tag line said age, looks, stats then "looking for LTR with GWM over 50. He was deluged with responses. Something similar for you in the Bangkok chat room and the Palm Springs chat room will keep you busy many nights. You might want to set up a hotmail account so pictures can be e-mailed.

Good luck and PM me if you have any further questions of a more private nature.