Can Divorced Thai women marry again quickly?

ianf

Hi. Asking for a friend (lol)

If a Thai woman divorces  is it true that she cannot marry again within 300 days?

If she wants to marry quickly does she have to prove that she is NOT pregnant?

If she changes her name and  therefore passport what happens to her 5 year Shengan Visa?

Any other information?

Thanks for your help

20 hours ago, ianf said:

If she changes her name and  therefore passport what happens to her 5 year Shengan Visa?

When she changes her name she will be given a document to that effect. To the best of my knowledge, if gets that document translated and the translation certified that should be acceptable - along with her old passport. But, are Thai's given their old passports back?

However, given the grief a refusal would cause you, I would ask at a Schengen member country's embassy - and I would ask one of their own people, not a native staff member.

Your guaranteed route would be for her not to change her name at all.

2 hours ago, Estrada said:

No problem, my wife divorced her previous husband (British) and we got married the next day. She paid for the divorce as he was layabout who preferred to draw the dole rather than work for a living.

No problem, my wife divorced her previous husband (British) and we got married the next day. She paid for the divorce as he was layabout who preferred to draw the dole rather than work for a living.

Please explain how he was getting the dole whilst living in Thailand

no future with him then, sounds like she hit the jackpot on her second strike.

these girls out here will marry anyone.

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

But, are Thai's given their old passports back?

Yes they are - US visa is normally 10 years and is valid in canceled passport so many will travel with two to continue using it.  

49 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Thanks for understanding the joke, kenk24. My post was taken out of rasta culture and their way of thinking.

Sorry - - no idea of Rasta Culture... I live in Thailand and speak the language and have a pretty good idea of Thai culture... maybe you would be more appreciated on a Rasta Website... you could make Thai jokes... 

33 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Sorry - - no idea of Rasta Culture... I live in Thailand and speak the language and have a pretty good idea of Thai culture... maybe you would be more appreciated on a Rasta Website... you could make Thai jokes... 

So, that mean that you had no idea of what you were posting a reply on. That´s actually the only joke I need for today. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Are you saying that man belongs to the woman, but the woman don´t belong to the man?

Go and register your foreign marriage in the amphur, and you will find out your Thai wife's marriage is registered.

Your presence is superficial.

So who belongs to whom?

6 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

When she changes her name she will be given a document to that effect. To the best of my knowledge, if gets that document translated and the translation certified that should be acceptable - along with her old passport. But, are Thai's given their old passports back?

However, given the grief a refusal would cause you, I would ask at a Schengen member country's embassy - and I would ask one of their own people, not a native staff member.

Your guaranteed route would be for her not to change her name at all.

Depends on the current soin to be former husband and how she got het visa.

There are cases that people lost the visa due to devorce and the visa applocation that granted the shengen visa.

My former wife would lose her visa when she would have been devorced. By adding to this that she still has the visa and even got the dual nationality we worked it out for the convientents of both of us.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:28 AM, NCC1701A said:

is there a limit on how many husbands she can have simultaneously? 

By marriage by law she can have one husband, you know that very well too.

In africa a woman can have 5 husbands in a counrtry only one is recognized in the west.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

So, that mean that you had no idea of what you were posting a reply on. That´s actually the only joke I need for today. Thanks!

No.. I knew exactly that i was posting a reply on words that were posted on a Thai forum... the fact that they have some obscure meaning in another culture seems rather juvenile to post and even more so to find funny - you are obviously easily amused... 

25 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Go and register your foreign marriage in the amphur, and you will find out your Thai wife's marriage is registered.

Your presence is superficial.

So who belongs to whom?

And with that you are saying?

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

No.. I knew exactly that i was posting a reply on words that were posted on a Thai forum... the fact that they have some obscure meaning in another culture seems rather juvenile to post and even more so to find funny - you are obviously easily amused... 

Yes, I am. I find that much more healthy than beeing an uptight arse. Not saying that you are.

Officially yes although when my wife filed for divorce from her ex her local amphur in Isaan told her not to marry again for 1 year and they said this as if it was some rule.

Its not a law but if you are at the mercy of the local amphur in the sticks to authorize documents you have to take these nuances on the rules into consideration. 

49 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:
On 8/13/2019 at 10:28 AM, NCC1701A said:

is there a limit on how many husbands she can have simultaneously? 

By marriage by law she can have one husband, you know that very well too.

In africa a woman can have 5 husbands in a counrtry only one is recognized in the west.

NCC...... sometimes people don't have to duck for a joke to go over their head.  You know that  ????

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, I am. I find that much more healthy than beeing an uptight arse. Not saying that you are.

I used to think Rastas were cool - and would know that nobody likes being insulted... I will look at them differently in the future... thanks for the inside look... 

If you rearrange the letters in my post - and can speak Thai - you will see how funny you are... 

Bye now. 

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

I used to think Rastas were cool - and would know that nobody likes being insulted... I will look at them differently in the future... thanks for the inside look... 

If you rearrange the letters in my post - and can speak Thai - you will see how funny you are... 

Bye now. 

Have been speaking Thai the last 20 years. Never said that I was or represented Rastas, did I?

Archived